Recruit at the game tonight?

tm3308

I was sitting by the tunnel tonight, and noticed Fran talking with a high school-aged kid, pretty decent height. Just wondering if maybe White was just making a visit, or if we had another recruit in town tonight (and who it might be?).

There is a 6'9" in-state kid that the staff has been looking at out of Gilbert. Kids name is Max Hopfgartner. Originally from Austria. Played High school ball last year in Bowling Green Ohio before transferring to Gilbert this year. His Guardian, could be his father I guess, is a professor at ISU. Met them a couple weeks back and chatted about his being looked at by some of the Iowa assistants. Could possibly have been him. I know he had to sit out of varsity sports for 90 days according to Iowa High School transfer rules, but started playing for Gilbert on Jan. 14th. Think he has been averaging close to 16 points per game and 8.5 boards.

Here is a link to his website where I got most of the info:

http://www.maxhopfgartner.com/

Last edited:
He doesn't look like the guy who's going to make us competitive next year but he is an interesting prospect and would be the ideal walk-on. 6'9 with ball skills

Does he have any college offers at this time?

Latest posts