Recounting Ferentz's Most Anger-Inducing ISU Losses

okeefe4prez

It's amazing how Iowa goes out and beats up on a lower division team this past Saturday and all of the sudden we are a powerhouse that is going to roll Iowa State. Of course, let us not forget that Ferentz has somehow managed to amass a losing record in this series. So at that, let's each post about the loss that you hated the most.

I'll start. Sure, 2002 was a bad one, but we didn't know what we had until later in the year, so I'll go with 2005. The 2005 team had HUGE expectations going into the season, we had just landed a monster recruiting class, we finally had a returning starter at QB, plus Greenway and Hodge back at LB. A top 10 preseason ranking and we lost by 20. I ain't gonna lie, that actually might be the most disappointing Iowa football game ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oef0V-J7k9o

Can you just take a ******* break. For one ******* day. Jesus your shtick is old.

Wow, sounds like a satisfied Ferentz supporter right here. I had maybe 20 posts during the whole summer, so my break is over, pal. It's go time, the season just started.

I was in Ames for the '05 game. I haven't been back, nor will I ever go back.

Hard to believe it was 10 years ago. I had grand plans of going to every game in 2005 because that was when I was foolish enough to have expectations regarding Iowa football. Something came up that weekend and I couldn't go, but at least that loss kept me from making the trip to Columbus, which was an absolute tire fire.

i remember the one, must have been 2007 because I think JC was the QB, where Iowa was ahead the last minute, ISU threw up a prayer that was caught around the 20 yard line, and ISU kicked a FG to win by 2. Something 15-13

The last 7. The first 2 were expected. After that, it's like asking a kid what is his most hated vegetable. They all suck. I may be able to choke down 2001, aka corn, but after that, it's all green beans, beets, spinach and brussel sprouts. Ugh.

O'Keefe spent the morning correcting those in the Tyler Sash thread, guess now it's okay for all to move on now since he did. Back to work he goes!

like you said earlier to me when I simply asked wasn't Sash arrested last year. You said Let him rest in peace man. Today isn't the day to **** on theHawks Parade, so take heed in you're own advice!!!

Last edited:
I was in Ames for the '05 game. I haven't been back, nor will I ever go back.

I was at the '05 game as well, and I haven't and won't ever go back!

I've never been treated so badly in my life. I wasn't even saying anything, I was just guilty of wearing my Hawkeye shirt!
Horrible loss as well. Iowa was highly ranked I believe.

I've never been treated so badly in my life. I wasn't even saying anything, I was just guilty of wearing my Hawkeye shirt!

I just watched the game from our tailgate of mostly Hawk fans. I'm very thankful I wasn't actually in the stadium. Hearing all the ISU fans jabs on their way by sucked balls though.

Intimidator - I'm curious about some of the details of Clown behavior over there for that game. I have talked to Iowa fans who have gone there and, by and large, their experiences were not good. At the 1981 game - the first game at Ames since the series had resumed in 1977 - Iowa lost a horrible game but did, however, go on to the Rose Bowl. It was reported by Morgan Jones (Director of Bands) that somewhere between 7-14 band uniforms had to be discarded from all the food, beer, pop, booze and god knows what else that the Iowa band was pelted with by those classy Iowa State fans. I'm not certain at all, but I think Jones threatened not to take the bank back there again...

I went to the 1997 game that Iowa won 68-34. Before the game, the drunken student section was chanting "**** IOWA!" What a class act, especially for some young Iowa kids who were sitting near us... I'm sure their parents were really pleased...

I have been there for a couple losses and a couple of wins. They are completely quite when Iowa wins in Ames. Conversely, you would think they won the super bowl when they beat us. Never seen a fan base so thin skinned and obsessed with beating a single team.

O'Keefe spent the morning correcting those in the Tyler Sash thread, guess now it's okay for all to move on now since he did. Back to work he goes!

like you said earlier to me when I simply asked wasn't Sash arrested last year. You said Let him rest in peace man. Today isn't the day to **** on theHawks Parade, so take heed in you're own advice!!!

Let it go, man......Just let it go....He did the same sort of self-righteous schtick with me in a Ross Peirbacher(sp?) thread a couple of years ago. It gets under your skin, but move on.

I just remember that all the people that said stuff to me sounded pi$$ed like they wanted to kick my ***. If they wanted to laugh at me and make fun of me it's one thing. But how does a fan of the winning team sound so mad and confrontational after such a big win?

2002 was the worst. If only Fred Russell hadn't injured his shoulder. He was tearing through the Ames D. I was at the 05 game in Ames, their fans were dicks. Some Ames fan after the game passed by me and began patting me on the back, but he hit/slapped me a bit hard. Looking back I should have grabbed him by the arm/wrist and gave him some choice words, but I let it go. When we won in 06 I was walking back home from Kinnick. I was walking as close to the inside base of the road next t the curb, a couple of guys who were Ames fans came driving towards me and I could see the anger on the drivers face. He swerved his car towards me as if he was going to run me over. He and the passenger flipped me off and kept driving.

2005 and 07 were worst of kf's Ames losses as they were really windy days and he chose to receive and play into the wind. Kf did not play the wind correctly, Albert young could have ran for 360 yards but we got behind. Same in 07 as the wind was brutal and Isu kicked 3 early long field goal.

What coach receives the opening kickoff into a 30+ Mph wind?

2002 was bad cuz norm played soft defense in 2nd half and offense got tentative but I loved the other 11 wins that year

It's amazing how Iowa goes out and beats up on a lower division team this past Saturday and all of the sudden we are a powerhouse that is going to roll Iowa State. Of course, let us not forget that Ferentz has somehow managed to amass a losing record in this series. So at that, let's each post about the loss that you hated the most.

I'll start. Sure, 2002 was a bad one, but we didn't know what we had until later in the year, so I'll go with 2005. The 2005 team had HUGE expectations going into the season, we had just landed a monster recruiting class, we finally had a returning starter at QB, plus Greenway and Hodge back at LB. A top 10 preseason ranking and we lost by 20. I ain't gonna lie, that actually might be the most disappointing Iowa football game ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oef0V-J7k9o

We were so amazingly overconfident for that game. We had just blown out Cupcake st. the week before and ISU struggled to beat some FCS team. The emotional advantage was just so set up for ISU then that I wasn't surprised by the outcome. Least we don't have to worry about that this week.

Last year was what made me lose all faith in KF. The fact that we didn't test ISU's weak secondary, and instead ran Weisman outside the whole game made me about lose my ****.