Record vs 2015 opponents

Hawknick

Banned
Overall Iowa has had a lot of success versus the opponents on the 2015 football schedule. The combined record since 1981 is 126-70-1 (64% wins). Contrary to what the haters say the Iowa football program is strong. The record reflects how strong Iowa is, and it will be reflected this season.

Ok I get that you are a serious homer; but touting a 64% win rate against a schedule that is rated 100 out of 128 is not really proving how strong a program is. So what you are saying is that the Hawks will win less than 8 games this season. I don't think you will find too many people that disagree.

Ok I get that you are a serious homer; but touting a 64% win rate against a schedule that is rated 100 out of 128 is not really proving how strong a program is. So what you are saying is that the Hawks will win less than 8 games this season. I don't think you will find too many people that disagree.

I am not a Ferentz basher (too much) or a 'hater' of the football team but I have to agree with the above post. 64% against this schedule isnt astronomically good. Especially considering this team might not be as talented as many previous teams since 1981. I still am expecting at least 8 wins but I dont know if this metric is anything for me to pound my chest about.

He's not a homer, he's a troll. And a bad one. He regularly quotes statistics and talks about players from the very distant past (as in 1920's) and uses those as examples of why the program is so great. Nobody actually thinks like this. His only goal here is to incite other users and bait them into pointless arguments.

He's not a homer, he's a troll. And a bad one. He regularly quotes statistics and talks about players from the very distant past (as in 1920's) and uses those as examples of why the program is so great. Nobody actually thinks like this. His only goal here is to incite other users and bait them into pointless arguments.

Sounds a lot like a KF presser.

Not true, these trends are relevant. Iowa football history is also a worthy topic. Just because you don't like to discuss Iowa Football history does not give you the right to call other people names. Always remember "if you ignore history you are bound to repeat it".

Overall Iowa has had a lot of success versus the opponents on the 2015 football schedule. The combined record since 1981 is 126-70-1 (64% wins). Contrary to what the haters say the Iowa football program is strong. The record reflects how strong Iowa is, and it will be reflected this season.
Of course it's relevant. Everyone use 34 year trends to predict the future. It's a well-known statistical truth.

When was last time we were ranked?
what about beating a ranked team?
last time we won a bowl game?
last time we won/shared big10 title?

we LOST to 2-10 isu

I do not recognize the results of the 2014 clown game of several terrible calls. If the game had been called correctly Iowa would have won by 2 scores. I was at that game and the officiating was the worst I had ever seen.

I do not recognize the results of the 2014 clown game of several terrible calls. If the game had been called correctly Iowa would have won by 2 scores. I was at that game and the officiating was the worst I had ever seen.
Please give it a rest...ISU should have won by 2TD.

Not true, these trends are relevant. Iowa football history is also a worthy topic. Just because you don't like to discuss Iowa Football history does not give you the right to call other people names. Always remember "if you ignore history you are bound to repeat it".

Wow this is troll reaching, everyone on this board knows how if you go back to 1981, Fry owned ISU, Wisky was less than avg in the 80's and early 90's, JNW was terrible. This is stupid logic for one as the hawks over that period had teams that would probably make the 2015 talent less than the mean and median values.

All you have to do is change this to the last 10 years, which starts in 2005 after the last KF championship, to see how these numbers are much different. During this span the hawks have a worse record against Minny, Wisky, jNW, ISU and maybe more than they did in the 34 year span.

To me, if I was laying an over/under on wins and wanted to get bets going I would start at 6. If you put the O/U at 7 there would be a rush alright because most people would take the under (how could you bet the over thinking they will win 8 games) and the house might lose some money.

mq25e.jpg

naZqhHs.gif

Latest posts