Reboot time

FirstDownHawkeyes

Weiskamp grew up a Hawk. With the right hire, I’d bet he would join the rebuild. Iowa needs a young energetic coach with Midwest ties that can go get some athletic guards from Minneapolis and Chicago to compete in the B1G. He’d have some roster spots to work with next year as no way CJF or CMac would stay. That would allow the new coach to get the competent guards Iowa desperately needs.

Fine by me. Getting only one new player next year and expecting massive improvement with the same coaching staff is insanity. Blow it up, starting with the absentee AD.

That’s the thing about college basketball. You don’t hire a coach and hope they can recruit a couple good guys sometime in the next 5 years. You hire a guy that has the ability to recruit now. Iowa can pay enough to get a top level recruiter, but we will instead stick with Fran because of one maybe good recruit.

Yep, move on. We're not Nebraska football rolling coaches like toilet paper. Firing Fran and trying something else doesn't mean we're unreasonable spoiled psycho fans.

You could take any random person off the street and give him or her a 12 hour crash course on the fundamentals of basketball and he or she would do a better job than Fran has this season.

You could take any random person off the street and give him or her a 12 hour crash course on the fundamentals of basketball and he or she would do a better job than Fran has this season.

Like you suggested in the game thread, this game moved me into the camp Fran should resign.

What if Lecure (sp?) verbally committed today and said how much he loves Fran and he wants to play for him? That would put you in a tough spot.

It looks like the team has dialed him out. It also looks like some of the team do not like each other. What a colossal mess the Hawks are now. Winless the rest of the year looks probable.

No no no, listen to Jon. We were above average for a few years so we owe it to Fran to let this play out for another decade or 2.

Weiskamp grew up a Hawk. With the right hire, I’d bet he would join the rebuild. Iowa needs a young energetic coach with Midwest ties that can go get some athletic guards from Minneapolis and Chicago to compete in the B1G. He’d have some roster spots to work with next year as no way CJF or CMac would stay. That would allow the new coach to get the competent guards Iowa desperately needs.
Interesting point you bring up . I was wondering myself why we have an east coast coach who can’t even bring in east coast talent

Interesting point you bring up . I was wondering myself why we have an east coast coach who can’t even bring in east coast talent

Can't argue this one, you would think he would have pipelines out East. Is Basabe the only guy he got out East?

Latest posts