Really, Hawks?

All teams are tired. All teams have played a grueling B1G schedule. That's a totally bogus excuse.
Or a totally good excuse that every team has when time between games in inequal. That said, we have the same advantage against Illinois so we will see if we take advantage.

The Purdue game showed the flaw in Frans ability to coach. He should of prepared them mentally for the game. They got out rebounded and out hustled from the go. The same think happened in the Nebraska game. It isn't the players responsibility to motivate the team.

Think about what you just said. Prepare them mentally? I mean, you are talking about trying to get inside the heads of 18-22 year old kids? It's not possible for Izzo, it's not possible for Fran. Purdue beat us because of effort, plain and simple. We both shot about the same. They didn't shoot insane from the outside. They had 21 offensive rebounds and so many 2nd chance shots. That's effort. Do you think Fran isn't coaching effort? He called a bunch of timeouts to try and get into the head of his team. He got a T, he was trying to FIRE them up. It wasn't happening.

Before Thursday Fran was probably in the top 3 for B1G coach of the year. He's still in consideration but I doubt he wins it. Fran has flaws and he has a basketball philosophy that is offense oriented, but every coach has flaws and a philosophy. People bitching and moaning about defense, if we get a defensive minded coach here at Iowa, I can almost guarantee that people will be bitching about how bad our offense is. IMO, college hoops is about putting the ball in the can and I much prefer Fran's coaching style compared to Matt Painters and I think it fits our culture and the type of guys we can bring to Iowa City.

Think about what you just said. Prepare them mentally? I mean, you are talking about trying to get inside the heads of 18-22 year old kids? It's not possible for Izzo, it's not possible for Fran. Purdue beat us because of effort, plain and simple. We both shot about the same. They didn't shoot insane from the outside. They had 21 offensive rebounds and so many 2nd chance shots. That's effort. Do you think Fran isn't coaching effort? He called a bunch of timeouts to try and get into the head of his team. He got a T, he was trying to FIRE them up. It wasn't happening.

Before Thursday Fran was probably in the top 3 for B1G coach of the year. He's still in consideration but I doubt he wins it. Fran has flaws and he has a basketball philosophy that is offense oriented, but every coach has flaws and a philosophy. People bitching and moaning about defense, if we get a defensive minded coach here at Iowa, I can almost guarantee that people will be bitching about how bad our offense is. IMO, college hoops is about putting the ball in the can and I much prefer Fran's coaching style compared to Matt Painters and I think it fits our culture and the type of guys we can bring to Iowa City.

If there is one thing this team has been good at this year its effort. Of course there have been a handful of games where the effort wasn't good, just like every other team. But overall, the team has given effort. Kinda a dumb thing to call the coach out for after one poor effort game.

If there is one thing this team has been good at this year its effort. Of course there have been a handful of games where the effort wasn't good, just like every other team. But overall, the team has given effort. Kinda a dumb thing to call the coach out for after one poor effort game.

Iowa has laid 3 or 4 eggs this season, every team does but IMO, it's been much less frequent this season for Iowa. I just don't get the hurry to bury this team. Enjoy the ride. Or don't and piss and moan the whole time, fan how you wanna fan but at least form rational thoughts, that's all I am asking.

Both losses to PU were particularly upsetting because everybody else seems to be able to beat them, but FrankenHaarms and Old Man Boudreaux seem to tear us a new one every time we play them. They had lost 4 of 5 before the other night. Sheesh.

Iowa has laid 3 or 4 eggs this season, every team does but IMO, it's been much less frequent this season for Iowa. I just don't get the hurry to bury this team. Enjoy the ride. Or don't and piss and moan the whole time, fan how you wanna fan but at least form rational thoughts, that's all I am asking.
A Fan and Rational Thoughts? How Odd and No Fun! Win Next Game. Starts at Top no?

Both losses to PU were particularly upsetting because everybody else seems to be able to beat them, but FrankenHaarms and Old Man Boudreaux seem to tear us a new one every time we play them. They had lost 4 of 5 before the other night. Sheesh.

And Rutgers will probably cut them in half on Saturday

A Fan and Rational Thoughts? How Odd and No Fun! Win Next Game. Starts at Top no?

Good point... Fan how you wanna fan. I just think the other night was energy and effort and Fran did his damnedest to wake the team up. Called way more time out's then usual (weird that's not brought up) and he tried the "get a T to wake them up" ....it wasn't working and some how people think he didn't have his team mentally prepared? GTFO - at some point it's on the guys to get out there and do what needs to be done. They didn't. Flush it and move on. There isn't some grand scheme, black and white, wrapped up in a nice box indictment on the program. This team has shown resiliency all season? Why do we have to bury them and make hyperbole bullshit to cope after every loss? It often times feels like most posters only watch Iowa and not other teams, it also feels like a lot of them have only been watching the game for a couple of seasons. People can't wait to come on here to declare something. Most of the ones putting everything on blast are the same ones who said Iowa wouldn't sniff the tournament this season, how's that working out for ya?

Fan how you wanna fan but I am always gonna weigh in, I kind of live for it some days.

Good point... Fan how you wanna fan. I just think the other night was energy and effort and Fran did his damnedest to wake the team up. Called way more time out's then usual (weird that's not brought up) and he tried the "get a T to wake them up" ....it wasn't working and some how people think he didn't have his team mentally prepared? GTFO - at some point it's on the guys to get out there and do what needs to be done. They didn't. Flush it and move on. There isn't some grand scheme, black and white, wrapped up in a nice box indictment on the program. This team has shown resiliency all season? Why do we have to bury them and make hyperbole bullshit to cope after every loss? It often times feels like most posters only watch Iowa and not other teams, it also feels like a lot of them have only been watching the game for a couple of seasons. People can't wait to come on here to declare something. Most of the ones putting everything on blast are the same ones who said Iowa wouldn't sniff the tournament this season, how's that working out for ya?

Fan how you wanna fan but I am always gonna weigh in, I kind of live for it some days.
Next Game! Unchain Luka! 50/50 Balls! Hard Defense! Rebound! Hawk Players Tough! Wish I was in Area. Would Drop by and Check Game Out...

They are our jNW of bball =/

Just need our friend Ronald McDonald to weigh in

If Purdue wins and we lose this weekend, we will finish one game ahead of them in the conference. They are probably only one notch below us this year. Teams losing to a team one notch below them happen all the time.

If Purdue wins and we lose this weekend, we will finish one game ahead of them in the conference. They are probably only one notch below us this year. Teams losing to a team one notch below them happen all the time.

You take Norman Vincent Peale classes?

Hindsight is always 20/20, but Fran should have started Kriener in the first half. Painter and Hoiberg used the same strategy, make Iowa beat us on the perimeter, having Kriener in the game would have given us a better shot at getting a few more offensive (and defensive) rebounds.

Latest posts