READ THIS

3. Length of Incapacitation.

The purpose of this requirement is to ensure that an injury or illness is of such an incapacitating nature that resumption of the playing season by the involved student-athlete is not possible. This is in contrast to situations in which a student-athlete is injured, misses a portion of the season and the coaching staff determines that the student-athlete shall not participate for the remainder of that season due to an insufficient level of conditioning or other factors related to missing practice and playing time.

Generally, original contemporaneous diagnosis of injuries or illnesses will include an estimated length of incapacitation or recovery. Sometimes this estimated length of incapacitation will include a range of recovery time (e.g., one to three months). In these instances, the burden is on the institution to demonstrate that the length of incapacitation precludes the opportunity for the injured student-athlete to resume playing for the remainder of the championship season in question.

Length of incapacitation is often demonstrated through continuous doctor's visits, documented physical therapy or training room records or a contemporaneous document from the attending physician indicating how long the student-athlete is incapacitated.

Interesting. You should change the subject line to something germane to the discussion, however.

Also, this was a Division II memorandum from 2006.

Seriously? "Lack of a brain"? Your post here (and others elsewhere) discusses an Iowa football player's injury and subsequent eligibility with a document that is FIVE YEARS OLD and is specific to Division II athletics, and you use that document to justify your position and to criticize others for their supposed lack of mental faculties?

Really?

As far as I know there have been no rule changes regarding medical hardship, except upping the amount to 30 percent instead of 20 percent. I agree this is from a while ago, but I don't see any reason to believe a medical hardship issue would be different just because it's D1 or D2 football.

Is McCalls injury incapacitating him from playing the remainder of the season? He's been cleared since Minnesota.

READ THIS!

17dollars.jpg

If that kicker can earn the hardship because of a "sore muscle", then I don't see how McCall fails to earn it after breaking a bone in his leg (assuming that he doesn't play the rest of the season).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc&feature=related]NO GOD! PLEASE NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO - YouTube[/ame]

until the season is done and the roster comes out next year we will never know til then, but if he plays in one of the 2 remaining games then and only then will it be final if he RedShirts this year

Correct he won't be able to apply until his Sr. Year.
Bottom line is we've got him for three more years. If he's really as good as we hope, he'll be outta here after three more and won't bother with applying for another year. Sorry guys, AIRBHG wasted another Iowa RB's season.

Latest posts