Read This Buttgers Game Thread If You Want To Feel Smiley

What's wrong with fans of a team bitching about refs doing a shitty job at the thing they are getting paid to do?
Because the people who do it are incessant about it and do it ad nauseum. It’s bush league.

Especially in basketball where for every Fan A bitching about a charge call there’s a Fan B bitching about a block. On the same play. It’s the worst sport by a mile.

Basketball fouls are 100% subjective judgement calls. Every drive to the basket has a 33.3% chance of a no call, a blocking foul, or a charge. And they’d all be “correct.”

Because the people who do it are incessant about it and do it ad nauseum. It’s bush league.

Especially in basketball where for every Fan A bitching about a charge call there’s a Fan B bitching about a block. On the same play. It’s the worst sport by a mile.

Basketball fouls are 100% subjective judgement calls. Every drive to the basket has a 33.3% chance of a no call, a blocking foul, or a charge. And they’d all be “correct.”
Kind of agree with ya here.

What's wrong with fans of a team bitching about refs doing a shitty job at the thing they are getting paid to do?
I'm ok with bitching and I do it, but not like some. ISU's radio announcer, John Walters, bitched about the refs not throwing the ball up straight, leading to TCU getting the jump ball to start the game last weekend. There's a line where enough's enough. Some are so far past the line, they can't even see it anymore.

I'm ok with bitching and I do it, but not like some. ISU's radio announcer, John Walters, bitched about the refs not throwing the ball up straight, leading to TCU getting the jump ball to start the game last weekend. There's a line where enough's enough. Some are so far past the line, they can't even see it anymore.

Yea that's true that some are over the top. I just don't get the people who say "don't complain about the officials. Only worry about what you can control". Like they forget we are fans and cant control anything.

If I'm going to bitch about a player I dont even know personally about screwing up a game that I'm not even a part of, or bitch about a coach for every call he makes being wrong (in hindsight) I'm sure as hell going to bitch about bad calls too. There are 3 parts to a game. Coaches, players, and officials. I notice when all do something good or something bad. Hell there were probably 5 times tonight I said out loud "I can't believe they didnt call a foul there" on an iowa player. It's not like I only see it one way. But there were a lot of bad no calls on Rutgers. They got away with way more than Iowa did.

Walters is impossible to listen to unless you're a Cyclone fan. The guy has a total victim mentality. Granted, a lifetime of being a Cyclone fan will probably do that to you, but when I listen to Walters, and when I see their fans boo EVERY call that goes against them in Hilton, it's hard not to dislike them.