Read and heard North Texas' defense is weak

uihawk82

They are rated >110 in FBS. I hope the offense can really work on all their timing and be efficient. Get some good work on the blocking and running game and CJ and receivers.

Would really like to see Mitchell and Wadley get some carries in second half.

Anyone know info about the mean green offense?

My wife is an alumn of North Texas in Denton, Texas It was known then as North Texas State University. On I-35 north of Dallas and Fort Worth.

Enrollment of over 36k (Iowa has a bit less than that).

They are rated >110 in FBS. I hope the offense can really work on all their timing and be efficient. Get some good work on the blocking and running game and CJ and receivers.

Would really like to see Mitchell and Wadley get some carries in second half.

Anyone know info about the mean green offense?

Their QB (McNulty) is a senior from Iowa City. He threw for 300 yards in their last game. That's about all I've heard.

This game might say more than I originally thought about the coaches metamorphosis. In years past this would be exactly the type of game Kirk would lose after everyone else chalked up the W.

This game might say more than I originally thought about the coaches metamorphosis. In years past this would be exactly the type of game Kirk would lose after everyone else chalked up the W.

^^ true on occasion or at least KF would not pump up his guys and they would play lackluster and barely win.

You are right, lets see if the hawks are pumped to bury a weaker opponent.

The fact that their QB threw for over 300 yards is worrysome because I think pass defense is the hawks weakest link. I think the hawks can generally run and pass effectively and they really defend the run.

^^ true on occasion or at least KF would not pump up his guys and they would play lackluster and barely win.

The fact that their QB threw for over 300 yards is worrysome because I think pass defense is the hawks weakest link. I think the hawks can generally run and pass effectively and they really defend the run.

I wonder what some will consider a big enough win. I think the spread is about 25 points; However, I don't think KirFer will beat North Texas by that much, as an old colleague is coaching there (not to mention the Iowa ties of the QB). Right or wrong, I just don't see this being an extraordinary blowout.

I'm just hoping that there isn't an emotional letdown. From the emotions of exercising last years demons in week 1, the bitter rivalry in week 2, and all the emotions spent in week 3; and Wiscy next week, this would be a classic letdown week.

hash tag: kind of nervous

I wonder what some will consider a big enough win. I think the spread is about 25 points; However, I don't think KirFer will beat North Texas by that much, as an old colleague is coaching there (not to mention the Iowa ties of the QB). Right or wrong, I just don't see this being an extraordinary blowout.

I'm just hoping that there isn't an emotional letdown. From the emotions of exercising last years demons in week 1, the bitter rivalry in week 2, and all the emotions spent in week 3; and Wiscy next week, this would be a classic letdown week.

hash tag: kind of nervous

The spread is iowa -25, that is crazy because as you say KF hardly ever puts the beating on opponents when he could. I would expect the spread to decrease as bettors take Ntexas to cover.

No matter the score if it is a win and the hawks look sharp, sharp routes and passing, sharp blocking, great tackling and coverage, etc.

I'm looking for one of those old timey Hayden fry Era beat downs where we get between 3-5 60+ yard td runs...roll up about 51 pts...god I miss those days

I'm not sure they won't cover. I could see this being a lot like week 1 where Iowa gets out to a 31-0 lead or somewhere around there and hopefully the 2nd and 3rd team D would be able to keep the shutout.

This may be a measuring stick for KF3.0. In year's past (save 2002 when even KF couldn't stop the offense from scoring 30+ in the 1st Q vs Akron) these types of games were far too close. We are not exactly an offensive machine right now, so I'd like to see the 1st team get a lot of work running the full offense, not just until we have a 14 point lead then call off the dogs.

I think they should go 70/30 run and get a lot of experience and confidence for Mitchell and Wadley.

I agree to a point that the Off Line needs running game reps but perhaps the quickest way to get Wadley and Mitchell into the game for lots of carries is to use the offense to look for some big downfield plays, long passes, good post patterns.

CJ looks like he is getting very comfortable with T Smith, Vandy, Hillyer and the TEs in the pass game but we need to see J SMith and Scheel working with CJ. I would like to see more McCarron and Parker targets also .

It depends on what N Texas throws at the Offense and how the hawk defense plays.

14 point lead is no time to call off the dogs as we know so well with past games against jNW, Ark ST, Cent Mich, etc etc. Put them away by the start of the 4th qtr.

Honestly, I don't think I'd take the Hawks against the spread here. Too much history for KF and McCarney for Ferentz to run up the score here. A shame, because I want a blowout.

McCarney had a ton of good things to say about Iowa, Iowa City, and his past experiences in his press conference on Monday. For the beat writers making the trip he recommended Paglai's and Hamburg Inn. :)

More on topic, he also mentioned that they lost 2 of their 5 top defensive backs for the season to injury, so they're going to be a little short quality depth in the secondary...might be an opportunity to exploit there.

Do do you even know what you're talking about..?

I expect Smith to have a big game at wide receiver. I think we play pitch and catch and NOT emphasize the running game

I think that would be fun to watch. But my gut says Kirk will protect CJ and run the ball. Now if Weigers gets lots of reps (please God please), we may see exactly what you suggest.

McCarney had a ton of good things to say about Iowa, Iowa City, and his past experiences in his press conference on Monday. For the beat writers making the trip he recommended Paglai's and Hamburg Inn. :)

More on topic, he also mentioned that they lost 2 of their 5 top defensive backs for the season to injury, so they're going to be a little short quality depth in the secondary...might be an opportunity to exploit there.

McCarney should have good things to say about iowa city since he grew up there, played at iowa, coached at iowa

Latest posts