Reaction to Portland Picking Kris Murray

I haven’ t followed the NBA much since Jordan retired as the bulls have reverted back to pre-Jordan era. However I will be watching for the Murray brothers to cheer them on.

I haven’ t followed the NBA much since Jordan retired as the bulls have reverted back to pre-Jordan era. However I will be watching for the Murray brothers to cheer them on.
And Luka Garza and Joe Wieskamp. Both are on two way contracts and saw action last year with Minnesota and Toronto respectively.

Skoot Henderson also was picked by the Trailblazers

Somewhat of a contrast in Style than Kris

These 2 Cats are going to be fun to watch, and they will Gel

1687570283792.png

My reaction was - shit, one more pick and he could have been with Keegan in Sac Town.

That was my reaction as well. Once the Heat and Golden St. passed I was for sure he was going to end up in Sacramento.

Wow, talk about over-thinking the difference between the Murray bros and why Kris isn't on the same level as Keegan!

Probably worked out best for both however. They would have been competing for each other's minutes.

Fair

Given how the 23-24 Kings will be constructed, there was a lane and/or role Kris would have had coming off the bench that would have been fun to watch. However, your point is well taken. Depending on what they do with Damien Lilliard, there are major minutes to be had in Portland...maybe even a starting spot.

Last edited:
Probably worked out best for both however. They would have been competing for each other's minutes.

I thought the exact same thing. They're the same player in terms of what they bring on a nightly basis and how they'd be used. I don't think it would be a good opportunity for Kris as I think it would limit his opportunity.

Expert Analysis: ?

Portland – It feels like Damian Lillard isn’t leaving. Scoot Henderson will be a perfect young player learning under and alongside him. Kris Murray will plug in right away with Rayan Rupert as a great development possibility.
The Lillard thing is interesting. ESPN seems to be pushing hard for him to leave like they are trying to will it to happen. If I'm Portland I'd try and keep him for the start of the year. If by the trade deadline things are off the rails then do it. I don't see a reason to trade him now unless Lillard himself is asking for it.

When is the last time Iowa has had 4 active NBA players at the same time?

Add in two NBA assistant coaches to that list as well.

Iowa MBB is certainly relevant.

When is the last time Iowa has had 4 active NBA players at the same time?

Add in two NBA assistant coaches to that list as well.

Iowa MBB is certainly relevant.
You'd have to go back to the early nineties (BJ, Gamble, Bullard, Lohaus).

Don Nelson would have been a head coach and Fred Brown and Ronnie Lester might have been assistants.

May have been more than four in given years as Marble, Bill Jones, Acie Earl and Les Jepsen all had brief careers.

Portland is struggling to stay relevant in the NBA. I'm surrounded their coach is still there. Lillard has asked for a trade. This ought to mean Kris will have ample opportunity to get good minutes and develop his game.

Kris has been starting the last 6 weeks for Portland. He's had his ups and downs but usually has a higher +/- for the team each game. Seems to be exceeding expectations mostly.

Latest posts