Reaction to Packers Picking Lukas Van Ness

“The retool is on for the Packers, and a critical draft begins with Van Ness,” Matt Verderame wrote. “The Iowa product was a two-season starter with the Hawkeyes and totaled 13 sacks.

Everyone has made such a big deal about Lukas never starting a game. Someone should have told this "expert".

I've never been a Packer's fan and never will be as a former Bears fan, however I think my hatred for them was rooted in me despising everything about Aaron Rodgers. With him and his salary gone, I see Green Bay bouncing back and hope Van Ness plays an important role in the rebuild.

Seems like a lot of "Packersville" is whining about this selection. They wanted a shiny new WR and not some versatile DL that can play in or out, rush the passer and defend the run. Who would want that when they could have drafted a middle of the pack WR.

Seems like a lot of "Packersville" is whining about this selection. They wanted a shiny new WR and not some versatile DL that can play in or out, rush the passer and defend the run. Who would want that when they could have drafted a middle of the pack WR.

Im a Packer fan and love the pick, we’re rebuilding and Van Ness has huge upside.

Lifelong Packers fan here.

From what I've read, I think most Packer fans are okay with Van Ness being the pick. I know I was, and actually told my wife right before the pick that I could see Van Ness be the guy. My hope was that the OT from Tennessee, Wright, would fall to them, or the DT from Georgia, Carter (absolute beast of a player), but Lukas has a huge ceiling and is a solid pick.

Packer fans have been whining for years about the lack of a 1st-round receiver, but it's mostly a moot point. The organization has done very, very well picking receivers in rounds 2 and 3.

On a side note, Tyler Goodson will have the inside track to make the roster this season as the third back.

Latest posts