RB Tix Falling

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilDiamond

Friend got 2 for 250/each and I saw them in the high 300s on StubHub.

Plane tix, at least from Chicago are still 1000+ for anything decent. That is going to affect ticket price bc lots of people simply aren't going to pay that.

As someone with two tickets to sell...ouch. But hopefully more hawk fans will make the trip! Me losing some money is worth it if there are a billion hawk fans there. Airfare is not going to improve much though.

Typical. People list huge stretch prices to see how far they can push it... the market ultimately determines the selling price.

I learned a lesson on this one. Knew we wanted to go to the game early on and booked flights and hotel right away. Then started getting nervous about not getting tickets through our season tickets (everyone on the planet was saying the priority points needed to get tickets through the U of I allotment would be a high number). Saw ticket prices that were astronomical, but paid those prices (not at the top, but close enough) in fear of losing out altogether and being held hostage by huge demand when all of those ticket requests went unfulfilled. I'm not typically someone that wants to make bank off of fellow hawk fans (I've never sold a ticket for more than I paid), but now I feel like I have to charge as much as possible to recoup even a small percentage of my investment in the secondary market tickets we bought up front...and even at that, it feels like someone else is benefitting from my investment in season tickets. I have to think the ticket office could have done a better job of giving us an idea on the priority point cut off sooner...sour grapes, I know.

Since I'm really bad at this, do I sell now, or wait until I'm down there?

At any rate, still pumped about heading out there. Go Hawks!

I learned a lesson on this one. Knew we wanted to go to the game early on and booked flights and hotel right away. Then started getting nervous about not getting tickets through our season tickets (everyone on the planet was saying the priority points needed to get tickets through the U of I allotment would be a high number). Saw ticket prices that were astronomical, but paid those prices (not at the top, but close enough) in fear of losing out altogether and being held hostage by huge demand when all of those ticket requests went unfulfilled. I'm not typically someone that wants to make bank off of fellow hawk fans (I've never sold a ticket for more than I paid), but now I feel like I have to charge as much as possible to recoup even a small percentage of my investment in the secondary market tickets we bought up front...and even at that, it feels like someone else is benefitting from my investment in season tickets. I have to think the ticket office could have done a better job of giving us an idea on the priority point cut off sooner...sour grapes, I know.

You can just sell to me for face value right now.

i would try to sell now. I think the trend is not your friend here. take it for what it's worth.

Friend got 2 for 250/each and I saw them in the high 300s on StubHub.

Plane tix, at least from Chicago are still 1000+ for anything decent. That is going to affect ticket price bc lots of people simply aren't going to pay that.

United added a flight from Cedar Rapids to LAX and still has seats available as of this morning. Leaves 12/31 and comes back 1/2. On their site the airfare roundtrip is $688.

Sorry you had to learn the hard way. I posted on here a number of days ago that everyone needs to be patient and that tickets would go down.

Listed my two end zone seats (section 11 row 49) at 7:30am this morning on stub hub at $325 each and they sold in 30 minutes. Not sure they are going to fall as much as people might think.

As someone with two tickets to sell...ouch. But hopefully more hawk fans will make the trip! Me losing some money is worth it if there are a billion hawk fans there. Airfare is not going to improve much though.

Yep. I bought 2 tickets around $350/each. Couldn't find 3 more, without paying crazy prices, after the announcement.
Decided not to go, and the rest of the group, instead, instead, bought flights to Nashville.
Tickets are supposed to be delivered by December 28th, and need to overnight them to someone, somewhere.

I am looking to sell mine I'm getting from stubhub in IC/CR area...315 a piece...won't have in hand until around Christmas. Section 11 row 71. Two seats together. PM me.

Listed my two end zone seats (section 11 row 49) at 7:30am this morning on stub hub at $325 each and they sold in 30 minutes. Not sure they are going to fall as much as people might think.

your price sold is a significant decrease from where they have been. they have fallen and will continue to do so as time becomes the seller's enemy.

your price sold is a significant decrease from where they have been. they have fallen and will continue to do so as time becomes the seller's enemy.

These are end zone seats. Hardly premium seats. The buyer is some sort of travel package business from Tennessee. Looks like they do all sorts of events and the Rose Bowl is one of them. I think we are reaching a floor for the prices. Never mind the fact people have to have made a significant commitment already with airfare (for most people). How long is one willing to wait to risk going without tickets in hand when that investment has been made? 30 minutes to nearly double my money. That is at least one indication my price was quite low. I did just want to get rid of them and not have to worry as we have all sorts of holiday stuff upcoming soon that will need attention.

Tickets are down to $300 on stub hub. I was already planning to be in the LA area prior to Iowa going to Rose Bowl so the lowering of prices increases my chances of attending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts