RB Tevin Shaw per TOS

I don't really feel bad for the kid, but I doubt the coach ever talks well about Iowa to a potential recruit again. If the kid likes Iowa he should pick Iowa. It's not Iowa's fault and if you assume they are holding a spot for you unless you are actually told they are, that is your fault. I'm not sure who they have on board unless they are silent verbals, but we will see. It also was made to sound like there were 5 spots left, 4 if you assume Kozan is headed to Iowa.

He should have committed sooner, plain and simple. Not sure what they really want from Iowa in this situation. The longer he waits the more chances that someone takes his spot.

I doubt the coach ever talks well about Iowa to a potential recruit again.

Which is unfortunate if the coach is serious about having the best interests of kids in mind. You can't just tell a recruit to not even visit / consider a school because you had one bad experience with them.

So, Iowa must have 4 other guys waiting until signing day to announce (assuming Kozan). Or it's possible Shaw didn't fully understand the situation as it concerned RB commits. 7 spots for 9 players, may have actually been 2 spots for 3 RBs.

Too bad, really. He looks like he could have helped.

I don't really feel bad for the kid, but I doubt the coach ever talks well about Iowa to a potential recruit again. If the kid likes Iowa he should pick Iowa. It's not Iowa's fault and if you assume they are holding a spot for you unless you are actually told they are, that is your fault. I'm not sure who they have on board unless they are silent verbals, but we will see. It also was made to sound like there were 5 spots left, 4 if you assume Kozan is headed to Iowa.

I doubt this. There are far too many kids that wait to long, they know it's a numbers game just like the coach does. The coach knows this more than anybody and should do his best to inform the player and his parents that things can change day to day. Funny that you mention Kozan, who from the sounds of it could have gone to Ohio State if he would have made his mind up sooner.

So, Iowa must have 4 other guys waiting until signing day to announce (assuming Kozan). Or it's possible Shaw didn't fully understand the situation as it concerned RB commits. 7 spots for 9 players, may have actually been 2 spots for 3 RBs.

3 if they are holding a spot for the long shot Lambert decommit (Yes, not likely.. but if it happens and there isn't a scholly.. well, that's a mess)..

I doubt this. There are far too many kids that wait to long, they know it's a numbers game just like the coach does. The coach knows this more than anybody and should do his best to inform the player and his parents that things can change day to day. Funny that you mention Kozan, who from the sounds of it could have gone to Ohio State if he would have made his mind up sooner.

I read the article and the coach doesn't sound happy with Iowa. he says he knows it's a numbers game, but is disappointed Iowa made false promises. I think he will hold it against Iowa, JMO.

I mention Kozan only with number schollies that remain. I do think this can benefit Iowa sometimes when schools run out of room for good players that aren't good enough for them but would be good for Iowa (Schutt for example)

agree here. hard to believe there was that much lack of communication as the article/coach presents the situation to be. iowa certainly wouldn't sign 7 guys for RB.

Hard to feel bad for the kid. He had an opportunity to commit. I personally would have loved to have another tailback named "Shaw".

The kid didnt visit until Jan. 20. I believe thats the first time hes ever been on the Iowa campus. Cant blame the kid for doing his homework and you cant blame Iowa for not holding scholarships either to protect themselves. Neither side is wrong

I don't feel even an ounce of sympathy for the kid. It's not like he was already committed and Iowa pulled the offer. He was told that Iowa had more offers out than they were able to bring in and he still chose to wait. If he really loved Iowa and wanted to play here, what was he waiting on? A better offer, that's what. And now his coach is mad that Iowa moved on.

This happens every year to alot of schools. Only diff is the big 10 doesn't over sign and the SEC would say come on down. It's a numbers game. If the rbs we have coming back stay healthy and step up along with Garmon I'm not too worried about it..... Yet. If a kid or 2 is hurt in spring or ineligible or you name the reason then i reserve that right haha.

This happens every year to alot of schools. Only diff is the big 10 doesn't over sign and the SEC would say come on down. It's a numbers game. If the rbs we have coming back stay healthy and step up along with Garmon I'm not too worried about it..... Yet. If a kid or 2 is hurt in spring or ineligible or you name the reason then i reserve that right haha.

To be fair, we're also giving Malloy and Dawson shots as preferred walk-ons.

Plenty of opportunity for several new RBs to show some flash this spring/summer.

Latest posts