RB Mi'Kail McCall seems back in Iowa fold

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
per comments he gave to hawkeyereport.com yesterday (subscription article otherwise I would link it)...I wouldn't say put it in black permanent sharpie, but he seemed more 'firm' for Iowa...but I would still say soft verbal

Here is something we wrote up a few weeks back when it seemed like he committed, and it includes videos:

On Hold: Mika’il McCall Undecided | Hawkeye Nation

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you can say you're committed to Iowa yet say you're still going to look at taking other visits. Taking other visits doesn't mean committed. My take on it is he's committed to us until a better school comes along.

I'm not sure how you can say you're committed to Iowa yet say you're still going to look at taking other visits. Taking other visits doesn't mean committed. My take on it is he's committed to us until a better school comes along.

Nick Law and Marcus Grant both took visits after committing, and now they are doing more recruiting for Iowa than the coaches. (granted its a dead period, i believe)

Nick Law and Marcus Grant both took visits after committing, and now they are doing more recruiting for Iowa than the coaches. (granted its a dead period, i believe)

Nick was different though because he had promised Maryland a visit no matter what and that was before he committed. McCall is actually looking for places to visit.

The three headed monster of Robinson, Wegher and Hampton....oh wait I mean Coker, Coe and McCall. Amazing how much can change in 11 months.

+1...you are spot on here.

Question for you guys....Hypothetically speaking we have a healthy Hampton, we have a not high A-Rob, and we have a not father Wegher would Coe have committed to the Hawks and would McCall have committed to us (assuming he will come)?

With this said...which three would you want?

Coker, Coe, McCall or A-Rob, Wegher, Hampton

Question for you guys....Hypothetically speaking we have a healthy Hampton, we have a not high A-Rob, and we have a not father Wegher would Coe have committed to the Hawks and would McCall have committed to us (assuming he will come)?

With this said...which three would you want?

Coker, Coe, McCall or A-Rob, Wegher, Hampton

Since we're picking based on something that will never happen, I'll pick Barry Sanders in his prime.

- Don't forget De'Andre Johnson.....my pick for a sleeper next year on offense.

I agree. De'Andre Johnson impressed me the most during the Kids' Day Open Practice. I know that doesn't mean everything, but he seemed to have the skills necessary to be a very effective back.

HFN I agree with you but I think since MSU? pulled their offer the kid was itching to put a soft verbal in to Iowa so he can go shop that big Gold I around trying to get a better offer.

Latest posts