Raymon dismissed?

I would say Iowa has a problem. According to Marc Morehouse's count, this is 8 Iowa DL underclassmen that have left the program for one reason or another in the last two years.

This has gone far beyond the point of frustrating. Its getting to the point where you pretty much have to expect it.

I can't even imagine Iowa DL being any worse next season but that will be the sad reality. the DL attrition is Lickliter-esk

Yes, Iowa has a problem and it is not easy to overcome. Fans will blame KF for a lack of depth but Raymon is a perfect example of Iowa's problem. Due to a lack of state-wide Div 1 recruits,Iowa has to go out of state,and often out of region to get good recruits. That means kids like Raymon,who are coming from the east coast, often get homesick and just do not adjust well. He is probably a good kid,but the odds are anytime you get kids from out of the region,you are going to have a higher attrition rate. How many Iowa recruits leave? None,almost.

So, how does KF overcome this fundamental problem of geography and demographics?
No answer. Just keep plugging and hope to get lucky.

Yes, Iowa has a problem and it is not easy to overcome. Fans will blame KF for a lack of depth but Raymon is a perfect example of Iowa's problem. Due to a lack of state-wide Div 1 recruits,Iowa has to go out of state,and often out of region to get good recruits. That means kids like Raymon,who are coming from the east coast, often get homesick and just do not adjust well. He is probably a good kid,but the odds are anytime you get kids from out of the region,you are going to have a higher attrition rate. How many Iowa recruits leave? None,almost.

So, how does KF overcome this fundamental problem of geography and demographics?
No answer. Just keep plugging and hope to get lucky.

I think this is a pretty good explanation.

Find more DL prospects in Illinois and St. Louis areas.

Even if they are not quite as good as some of the East Coast guys, the odds may be better that they'll stick around for 4 years if they can get home once or twice a month.

Raymon has some things to deal with between the ears, and I am not ripping the kid. Given his background and life story, I think any move away from home at this juncture was going to create a problem...especially this far away for him.

Latest posts