Rastetter is the Kingmaker Now

I know I call it political bigotry. People simply cannot get past that political bigotry to see that we have a U of I graduate who is a huge Hawkeye fan that has donated millions of dollars to the football program and as even named his company Hawkeye energy holdings as president of the regents. I grew up in the same town as rastetter. He's not known as an a$$hole. But if he is I could care less because having a Hawkeye as president of the regents is a very good situation for us. There are lots of big donors who have that (R) next to their names. The Krause family plaza come to mind. I didn't know Gartner was a liberal and I don't care. He was an enemy to the U of I.

BINGO!! I could care less if he is a (R) or (D) or is he is a sweetheart or an azzhat......he is a HUGE Hawk fan and that is a good thing. Same with Gartner he was no friend of Iowa, so it is best for Iowa dat he gone.

The moronic notion that one's politics have anything to do with his love for sports will never not be funny to me.

It would be interesting for these folks to analyze the voting patterns of american professional athletes ...

Not moronic at all, more based in fact if you look at voting patterns. Males overwhelmingly support conservative candidates and also make up the majority of sports lovers. Maybe you should do a little research before making moronic statements.

Rastetter and Kirk are very close. As in, Kirk is an investor in MANY of Rastetters businesses so I would highly doubt this will hurt Kirk in anyway.

I have no idea whether Rastetter is some kind of a-hole or not. I'm guessing not but that's not the point. He (and his agri-business buddy, ISU President Leath) is behind the controversial/very bad idea to link in-state enrollment with state support. It might be well-intentioned (giving him the benefit of the doubt). However, don't forget Rastetter's ties to Leath, and how much ISU and UNI would benefit from this funding scheme versus how much UI would be hurt. Rastetter may indeed be a friend to Iowa football but he is not yet demonstrated a similar level of friendship to the academic mission of the University of Iowa.

Not moronic at all, more based in fact if you look at voting patterns. Males overwhelmingly support conservative candidates and also make up the majority of sports lovers. Maybe you should do a little research before making moronic statements.

Nice false equivalency.

You should consider researching the difference between correlation and causation.

of course, you won't.

Bruce is a huge Hawkeye fan. Gartner has shown indications that he despises the university of Iowa. Hospital expansion projects Gartner is pointed to as then hurdle that needs to be cleared. He is not a friend of the u of I. Gartner is also that bow tie wearing geek who grew up hating jocks and sports.

They're both massive pr1cks.

Just in different ways.

I wouldn't want either one of them deciding my fate.

Gartner's probably worse as far as the U is concerned. I don't how much of a jock hater he is, though, as he's the chairman of the Iowa Cubs ownership.

If you're fond of the smell of concentrated hog sh!t, Bruce is your man.

Certain people could care less who actually has the Iowa's best interest at heart. They'd rather see the (D) beside the name and a person actively opposing the U, rather than the (R) and the guy promoting and advancing the U.

I personally don't give a rip what shtbag outdated political party one feels compelled to tie themselves to.

Act rationally according to the best evidence and we're not gonna have a problem.

Apparently, that's too much to ask these days.

But hey, I'm no idiot. Polarization pays. Big time.

Bruce is a huge Hawkeye fan. Gartner has shown indications that he despises the university of Iowa. Hospital expansion projects Gartner is pointed to as then hurdle that needs to be cleared. He is not a friend of the u of I. Gartner is also that bow tie wearing geek who grew up hating jocks and sports.

You do realize he is a former sports writer & is current owner of the Iowa Cubs...right?

You do realize he is a former sports writer & is current owner of the Iowa Cubs...right?
Yes on the ia cubs and I knew about his ownership in the newspaper biz. But most importantly I know that he is a FORMER member of the regents and the only meaningful information about him.

Last edited:
Your posts in this thread compel the conclusion that you are irredeemably stupid.

Alas, I am here to help.

Here:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/thinking-logically-deduction-and-induction.html

Wow, I apologize for hurting your obviously liberal sensibilities. But usually when I see an effeminate male wearing a bow tie, with democrat connections I assume that he doesn't like football. Not to mention that he owns a paper in Ames and hates the U of I. As far as knowing that you are liberal; the reference to concentrated hog smell (eco-nazi) and resorting to name calling was the give-away.

Wow, I apologize for hurting your obviously liberal sensibilities. But usually when I see an effeminate male wearing a bow tie, with democrat connections I assume that he doesn't like football. Not to mention that he owns a paper in Ames and hates the U of I. As far as knowing that you are liberal; the reference to concentrated hog smell (eco-nazi) and resorting to name calling was the give-away.

There are some give-aways in your post, too.

I personally don't give a rip what shtbag outdated political party one feels compelled to tie themselves to.

Act rationally according to the best evidence and we're not gonna have a problem.

You stray sometimes, but I give you full credit here: Gartner is liberal and you've ripped him as hard as anyone.

You know not what you speak of. You get a pass, however, due to my assumption that you weren't around these parts when the cave was open for business.

You know not what you speak of. You get a pass, however, due to my assumption that you weren't around these parts when the cave was open for business.

Moar accurately, le Cave.

6808_original_memes-troll-dad-it-can-happen.jpg

Certain people could care less who actually has the Iowa's best interest at heart. They'd rather see the (D) beside the name and a person actively opposing the U, rather than the (R) and the guy promoting and advancing the U.

Not sure if you're referring to my posting about BR, but it has nothing to do with politics. He grew up with close friends of mine, I worked for the guy and know him personally, and stories I could tell you about him would make you hate him as well. A very despicable man, regardless of his political affiliation.

Rastetter and Kirk are very close. As in, Kirk is an investor in MANY of Rastetters businesses so I would highly doubt this will hurt Kirk in anyway.

Very true and true of other big donors. You scratch my back, I'll protect yours, which is why it will be difficult to just fire KF. The financial implications go far beyond the buyout.

I didn't like Mason at all....but I can't say I'm very enamored with the Iowa Board of Regents...they basically have declared war on the U of I with this funding proposal...as well as running off one good president (Mary Sue) and quite possibly one of the greatest presidents the University will ever have in Skorton.

Side fact, did anyone realize Skorton is becoming the secretary (CEO) of the Smithsonian Institute this year?

Latest posts