Rankings/Contenders next year

mendoza7

Just for fun I decided to make a list of who might be the top 8 ranked wrestlers at the start of next year. Of course this doesn’t take into account any guys jumping up a weight (Dieringer to 165?), any freshmen, or guys who red-shirted this year (Hunter Stieber, etc.).

Delgado (Sr)
Garrett (So)
Megaludis (Sr)
Gilman (So)
Klimara (Jr)
Peters (So)
Cox (Sr)
Martinez (Jr)

Schopp (Sr)
Clark (So)
Beckman (Jr)
Brewer (Jr)
Gulibon (So)
Richards (So)
DiJulius (Jr)
Soto (Sr)

Stieber (Sr)
Port (Sr)
Retherford (So)
Carter (Sr)
Dardanes (Sr)
Dutton (Sr)
Dziewa (Sr)
Durso (Sr)

Tsirtsis (So)
Kindig (Sr)
Houdashelt (Sr)
Villalonga (Sr)
Sueflohn (Sr)
Dardanes (Sr)
Grothus (Sr)
Habat (Sr)

Dieringer (Jr)
Ness (Sr)
Green (Sr)
Jordan (So)
Miller (Jr)
Realbuto (So)
Walsh (Sr)
Murphy (So)

Sulzer (Sr)
Moore (Sr)
Moreno (Sr)
Palacio (So)
Mock (Sr)
Harger (Sr)
Moore (So)
Morse (Sr)

Storley (Sr)
Kokesh (Sr)
Brown (Sr)
Evans (Sr)
Wilps (Sr)
Walters (Jr)
Weatherman (Jr)
Miller (Jr)

Dean (So)
Thomusseit (Sr)
Dechow (So)
Thomas (Jr)
Abounader (So)
Courts (Jr)
Avery (Jr)
Dudley (So)

Cox (So)
Schiller (Sr)
Gadson (Sr)
McIntosh (Jr)
Burak (Jr)
Meeks (Sr)
Atwood (Sr)
Hartmann (Jr)

Gwiazdowski (Jr)
McMullan (Sr)
Telford (Sr)
Coon (So)
Myers (Sr)
Medbery (Jr)
Marsden (Jr)
Gingrich (Sr)

Dieringer said as his presser he is moving up to 165. And I think the plan is for H. Stieber to be at 149 at OSU.

How well we fill 157 and 184 is going to matter a whole lot. Brooks showed some flashes this season, and Sorensen looked great at the Midlands.

When tOSU adds Tomasello, H Stieber, Bo Jordan, T Haines, Kyle Snyder, and possible Micah Jordan to a nucleus of Logan Steiber and Dijulius; I don't see how they don't run away with the title next year.

tOSU wil be tough. I can see where Brooks at 84 will have something to prove. IMO he wrestled very well this season and if were him I might feel a bit p.o'd that I didnt get to finish the season. Some might call him a dark horse but I beleive folks better be ready for a contender.

Greetings, short time
*B10s returning place winners
125-3, 133-0, 141-2, 149-1, 157-3+I did this just to show how the brackets are formed to other conference advantages. Ex; have 2 of the top 10 ,rank wise, B10 battlers meet right away. The Brackets this year really didnt help our B10 we have the toughest conference an yet the seeding commitee would rather us just wrestle ourself.

125 Megabegga 1st, Garret 4th, Deligato 2nd, Gman 3rd, Thomsello 5th, Dance 6th, Peters 7th. Darkhorse David Terrao American,
133 Clusterfak ah i dont have a favorite here Schoop was a HUGE 33lbr. other than him if he wrestles 33 theres like 10-13 guys who could AA. Thats a racket of a bracket IMO.
Team title next year Ohio State, Logan and Hunter shouldnt have a problem winning their brackets. 149 was the easiest weight by far imo. Snyder at 197 is also considered a favorite he has beaten Cox but a year in the D1 can mean a lot of inprovement so im not selling Cox short, though Cox is supposed to wrestle heavy. They tOSu have 5 other guys that can AA and maybe very high. I hate that they look great.
Was told Max Thomsen and UNI have jabbered.
Hawks need to snap in some top talent 2-3 if we are going to compete next year.
Go team
In Brands we Trust
Iowa line projection
125 Gman 29-5
133 Clark 27-8
141 Dwieza 25-6
149 Sorenson 25-6
157 Rhoads 24-11
165 Moore 25-9
174 Meyer 23-9
184 Brooks 25-8
197 Evans 33-0
HWT Big bob 27-3, our team statiscally is possible and looks great but 2 Champs hard to over come
Peace

Last edited:

Latest posts