Ranking?

I don't care much for rankings at this point. Our destiny is in our own hands and we'll have to beat Wishigan, MSU, Wisky, OSU and the Mildcats to reach our goal anyway. All look very beatable if Iowa comes to play. However, at this point I am not really sure what Iowa is capable of as we really haven't shown much on offense. I have no doubt that our D will keep us in all of those games, but if we can't muster more than 17pts in all of those games we are in deep_____ (fill in the blank).

Silvanthalas, you are forgetting that Stanford lost by 21 and Florida by 25. Also, Texas (somehow at #16 in the Coaches' Poll) lost. Iowa will be #14 - #16.

I'm not forgetting anything. I simply have ZERO faith in the pollsters to do the right thing (or as close as possible).

If Texas, who got crushed at home against a mediocre UCLA, didn't drop below us last week, then I can't see how Stanford, who lost to another top 10 team on the road, would.

Florida will also stay up because a) they're Florida, and b) they lost to #1. It's the same two reasons why Miami jumped us last week when they won their game: they're Miami, and they lost to #2 OSU earlier in the season.

I don't care much for rankings at this point. Our destiny is in our own hands and we'll have to beat Wishigan, MSU, Wisky, OSU and the Mildcats to reach our goal anyway. All look very beatable if Iowa comes to play. However, at this point I am not really sure what Iowa is capable of as we really haven't shown much on offense. I have no doubt that our D will keep us in all of those games, but if we can't muster more than 17pts in all of those games we are in deep_____ (fill in the blank).

I agree with the beginning portion of your post, but I have to semi-disagree with the last portion. There were a few things in the second half that slowed down our offense; PSU defensive adjustments, field position, and more "conservative" play calling (mainly due to poor field position). What I seen from the offense in the first half looked promising though.

As for us being ranked, like most have said already, I definitely see undefeated Michigan and MSU jumping us in the polls. We all know (and probably expected) the Michigan/Indiana game to be a shootout as neither team has any sort of defense. ESPNers love big numbers :rolleyes:. I'd expect us to be around #15 by Monday.

We will move up a few spots, but again at this point it does not matter all we need too do is keep playing dominant football and we will move up the rankings a couple spots each week. I see Hawks coming in at 15 this week, and Michigan will not jump us they barely beat a poor IU team and gave up 600 yards in the process.

Latest posts