Ranking?

With the loss today Wisconsin SHOULD drop below 17 and allow us to move up one. But don't be surprised if Michigan jumps us and we stay put. It shouldn't happen but probably will. Why? They're Michigan. And we're not.

Voters that watched this game saw a poor PSU team, a dominant Iowa defense and an offense not going for style points. We move AT MOST to #15 but most likely stay were we are.

MSU and Michigan will jump way up in polls. MSU around 10-15 and Michigan 12-16. Florida drops to #10.

yea i don't see us moving past 14 MAYBE? Didn't see if there was anyone behind us that deserved to jump ahead though.

With the loss today Wisconsin SHOULD drop below 17 and allow us to move up one. But don't be surprised if Michigan jumps us and we stay put. It shouldn't happen but probably will. Why? They're Michigan. And we're not.

This was EXACTLY what I was telling my wife earlier...I fully expect them to get a few more votes than we do. I truly don't care...as far as I'm concerned, we control our own destiny to Pasadena!

The road to the Rose Bowl runs through IC!

Whatever. Michigan just barely beat Indiana. Michigan will not jump us just because of they're Michigan. They haven't been "MICHIGAN" for two years. Plus the voters know they don't have a defense.

Whatever. Michigan just barely beat Indiana. Michigan will not jump us just because of they're Michigan. They haven't been "MICHIGAN" for two years. Plus the voters know they don't have a defense.

Two words: Denard Robinson. That's what the voters are seeing on Sports Center and the Web sites tonight.

But... They barely beat bottom of the big ten Indiana... I just don't see how they leap frog us at all. But my guess is that it will be short lived if it does happen and Michigan implodes by playing a team that isn't completely inept next week, and then is demolished by Iowa the following week.

Wrong. They are one spot behind us currently, they are 5-0, have a Heisman candidate and the letters M.I.C.H.I.G.A.N. on the front of their jerseys. Voters have a boner over Denard Robinson and their offense. Therefore, without question voters put Michigan over us. I think they are #14/15.

Wrong. They are one spot behind us currently, they are 5-0, have a Heisman candidate and the letters M.I.C.H.I.G.A.N. on the front of their jerseys. Voters are salavating over the style points of Michigan. Therefore, without question voters put Michigan over us. I think they are #14/15.

I'll agree with on this- I think voters are going to have the "michigan is back" mentality and inflate their ranking fairly or unfairly.

Don't forget Texas at #16 in the ESPN and USC at #18 in the AP losing as well. I think Stanford and Wisconsin drop under Iowa and Florida is a question mark. They looked so bad against Alabama and the score was extremely lopsided, but Florida always gets more than their fair shake. The question will be whether Michigan or Michigan State jumps ahead of Iowa. Here is how I see it shaking out:

1) Alabama; 2) OSU; 3) Oregon; 4) BSU; 5) TCU; 6) Oklahoma; 7) Nebraska; 8) Auburn;
9) LSU; 10) Utah; 11) Arizona; 12) Arkansas; 13) Miami; 14) Iowa; 15) Michigan;
16) Michigan State; 17) Florida; 18) Stanford; 19) Oklahoma State; 20) Wisconsin;
21) Missouri; 22) Nevada; 23) Florida State; 24) West Virginia; 25) Air Force

I think either Northwestern and Kansas State will be the highest ranked teams in the other receiving votes.

I think Iowa, Michigan and Michigan State are all going to be pretty tightly packed at 14 - 16, but am optimistic with Iowa at 14th.

Don't forget Texas at #16 in the ESPN and USC at #18 in the AP losing as well. I think Stanford and Wisconsin drop under Iowa and Florida is a question mark. They looked so bad against Alabama and the score was extremely lopsided, but Florida always gets more than their fair shake. The question will be whether Michigan or Michigan State jumps ahead of Iowa. Here is how I see it shaking out:

1) Alabama; 2) OSU; 3) Oregon; 4) BSU; 5) TCU; 6) Oklahoma; 7) Nebraska; 8) Auburn;
16) Michigan State; 17) Florida; 18) Stanford; 19) Oklahoma State; 20) Wisconsin;

I think either Northwestern and Kansas State will be the highest ranked teams in the other receiving votes.

I don't know how you can keep Northwestern out of the top 25, but maybe you're right

Wrong. They are one spot behind us currently, they are 5-0, have a Heisman candidate and the letters M.I.C.H.I.G.A.N. on the front of their jerseys. Voters have a boner over Denard Robinson and their offense. Therefore, without question voters put Michigan over us. I think they are #14/15.

Well stated.

MSU is undefeated and just beat a top 10 team. They jump us. Michigan is also undefeated w/ a Heisman candidate. They jump us. Voters don't give a rat's @$$ about defense, they orgasm over points.

PlanoHawk, if Northwestern would have won by 10+ then I would think they would be ranked. It is the voters mentality when they see a 29-28 win against a garbage Minnesota team that will keep Northwestern out. I think they deserve to be ranked about 23rd or 24th, but don't be surprised to see them at about 26th or 27th.

HawkeyeRyno, you make valid points and it is definitely possible that both will jump us. Iowa will be helped by the Texas and USC losses though and Michigan and Michigan State started significantly lower in points going into this week than Iowa regardless of the fact that they are both undefeated. Voting behavior in College Football tends to be incremental adjustments than leaping so with Iowa getting a lot more street cred this year than in years past they might just be able to stay ahead of Michigan and Michigan State. It doesn't really matter all that much since whoever wins out of those 2 next week will definitely be ahead of Iowa and whoever loses will definitely be below.

Even with all the losses of teams above us, getting jumped by Michigan and MSU should pretty much be expected at this point. Wisconsin should drop below us, maybe leaving us to move up a spot. Maybe.

Silvanthalas, you are forgetting that Stanford lost by 21 and Florida by 25. Also, Texas (somehow at #16 in the Coaches' Poll) lost. Iowa will be #14 - #16.

Latest posts