Ranking the Big Ten Linebackers — Legends Division

I hate to go this route but I have to. This Guy probably couldnt hold Morris's jock strap. NAIA calling a Big Ten football player overrated? Does the guy have football knowledge? I am sure he does. Did he play at the Big Ten level? No, he did not. I would like to know what this guy is basing Morris being overrated on. The kid was injured the majority of the season and still managed 110 tackles as a soph. I think Morris impresses this year.
I don't doubt you are correct regarding ability. I don't think there is anything wrong with pointing this out on your part. However, I asked this guy about Morris last year because I had my own doubts about how good he really was at that time.

But knowledge of the position is a different thing and the guy can certainly be knowledgable about playing LB even if he was NAIA and not D1. I could not repeat what he told me about it, but he went into detail about why Morris was not as good as everyone thinks he is. It wasn't like the guy had a grudge or wanted Morris to not be good.

Anyway, that is what this guy was saying. I think people here want to assume he is simply a continuation of Greenway/Edds/Nielson/etc., and maybe he isn't. Just because he played for Iowa as a true freshman doesn't mean he is Edds or Greenway.

Morris is not overrated unless you thought he was going to be all big ten first team as a true sophomore. Guys like Greenway had the benefit of a redshirt year. Morris got 110 tackles as a true sophomore playing on a bum ankle and missing two games.

I don't doubt you are correct regarding ability. I don't think there is anything wrong with pointing this out on your part. However, I asked this guy about Morris last year because I had my own doubts about how good he really was at that time.

But knowledge of the position is a different thing and the guy can certainly be knowledgable about playing LB even if he was NAIA and not D1. I could not repeat what he told me about it, but he went into detail about why Morris was not as good as everyone thinks he is. It wasn't like the guy had a grudge or wanted Morris to not be good.

Anyway, that is what this guy was saying. I think people here want to assume he is simply a continuation of Greenway/Edds/Nielson/etc., and maybe he isn't. Just because he played for Iowa as a true freshman doesn't mean he is Edds or Greenway.

Complete agree with the knowledge point. One certainly doesnt need to play in the big ten to understand football, I wasnt trying to say that. I just think by the end of his senior year the kid is going to be ready for a long NFL career. Greenway? Man, I wish. I think we will see the kid all over the field this season.

Latest posts