Ranking B1G head coaches - ozone.net

HawkeyeHypnosis

Ranking the B1G Coaches

From article:

6. Iowa - Kirk Ferentz (108-87)

If the mark of greatness is being consistently okay, then Kirk Ferentz is a great head coach. After winning double-digit games three years in a row from 2002-2004, the Hawkeyes have won ten games in a season just once (2009). For the Hawkeyes to ever be great, too many variables have to fall into place.

I think Fitz should be higher than Pelini. The fact that he can keep NW average is a job many couldn't do or even if they could would have jumped ship quickly.

I would put Ferentz ahead of Pelini as well. Its been nearly a decade but at least Ferentz has one a couple of conference championships.

Outside of that, I would agree with these rankings.

Pelini drops two spots, behind Fitz. I'm resigned to the fact that in College football, some teams and coaches are always going to get the free pass

Notre Dame
USC
Nick Saban
and now Meyer

Sure to be the greatest ever someday...

pelini-drunk.jpg

Nobody has brought him up yet, but what's with all of the hate in this forum for Bielema? I met the guy on some recruiting trips and camps when I was in high school. I always thought he was a nice guy.

Nobody has brought him up yet, but what's with all of the hate in this forum for Bielema? I met the guy on some recruiting trips and camps when I was in high school. I always thought he was a nice guy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1valYG9IVI]Tommy Boy "Hmm, he seems like a nice guy" - YouTube[/ame]

So O'Brien is an unknown and ranked as such (rightfully so), but Meyer who hasn't coached a Big Ten game goes straight to the top. I'm not saying Meyer should be overlooked, but lets not just insert him to the front of the pack. Let's put him somewhere in the middle and let him earn that spot.

So O'Brien is an unknown and ranked as such (rightfully so), but Meyer who hasn't coached a Big Ten game goes straight to the top. I'm not saying Meyer should be overlooked, but lets not just insert him to the front of the pack. Let's put him somewhere in the middle and let him earn that spot.
2 national championships and an overall winning percentage over 80%. I would rank urban first as well.

Latest posts