Rank your Iowa QB's

Do the math pj rather than insulting/trolling. Can you do math?

Hey illannoy hokk, did you actually see Long and Vlasic play at Iowa??
Long went vertical/deep a lot; the problem was that Robert Smith suffered from terminal dropsies. That's why it seemed like he only threw outs to Happel & Helverson. But make no mistake, Chuck threw deep pretty often and very accurately - he just didn't have a deep threat with hands.
Vlasic was good, but no way was he better overall than Long.

Disclosure: Iowa FB season ticket holder, 1983 through 1991.

1. Long could slice and dice a defense with surgical precision, whether he went downfield or not.
2. How on earth can you say Wienke as the best QB on the roster? He doesn't have a single snap to his name at the college level.

Yeah, but he's a good kid and he's really smart.

It works for everything!! It's the new "Not that there's anything wrong with that"

1a. Randy Duncan
1b. Chuck Long
3. Mark Vlasic
4. Brad Banks
5. Chuck Hartlieb
6. Drew Tate
7-100. Everyone else

Second thought--Probably move Vlasic down to 6 and voe Banks, Hartlieb and Tate up. I think seeing someone else rank Vlasic high up that idea in my head.

1a. Randy Duncan
1b. Chuck Long
3. Brad Banks
4. Chuck Hartlieb
5. Drew Tate
6. Mark Vlasic
7-100. Everyone else

Matt Rodgers deserves some love, tehjumpy. Led us to a Rose Bowl.
Arguably better than 3 of 6 on your list.

Matt Rodgers deserves some love, tehjumpy. Led us to a Rose Bowl.
Arguably better than 3 of 6 on your list.

2x first team all-Big Ten. Led the team to a pair of great seasons in '90 and '91. You're right. Probably top-6. Let's put him ahead of Tate.

Interesting side note: according to Rodgers' profile on the Iowa football website, he was the #2 QB recruit in the nation coming out of high school. If I remember right, wasn't Dan McGwire the top QB recruit in America coming out of high school? I know McGwire was the California state player of the year as a senior. It would be awesome to see Iowa recruit offensive talent at that level again.

Hey illannoy hokk, did you actually see Long and Vlasic play at Iowa??
Long went vertical/deep a lot; the problem was that Robert Smith suffered from terminal dropsies. That's why it seemed like he only threw outs to Happel & Helverson. But make no mistake, Chuck threw deep pretty often and very accurately - he just didn't have a deep threat with hands.
Vlasic was good, but no way was he better overall than Long.

Disclosure: Iowa FB season ticket holder, 1983 through 1991.

Robert Smith T'd me up during a high school basketball game.. I have never been a bigger disappointment to my mother then that night and trust me there were far more things that I did that she should have been more disappointed in. I had no idea who Robert Smith was until after the game. I don't think Ma has looked at me the same since

Robert Smith T'd me up during a high school basketball game.. I have never been a bigger disappointment to my mother then that night and trust me there were far more things that I did that she should have been more disappointed in. I had no idea who Robert Smith was until after the game. I don't think Ma has looked at me the same since

Are you back from your travels?

Are you back from your travels?

Yes, a missed flight later I managed to pull a three hour day at work today #kindawinning . As ****** as I was that I missed the BNG blowout after Saturderpday's game I was happy I missed it. Then I read how loved you are as a human and felt like a complete a$$ for not showing my self in IC. That being said Sundevil Stadium was amazing and loud for about five minutes of the game.

Yes, a missed flight later I managed to pull a three hour day at work today #kindawinning . As ****** as I was that I missed the BNG blowout after Saturderpday's game I was happy I missed it. Then I read how loved you are as a human and felt like a complete a$$ for not showing my self in IC. That being said Sundevil Stadium was amazing and loud for about five minutes of the game.

Next year, bro. :)

I try. Im infuriating. Anyway my rank of iowa Qb's that I remember.

Tate
Stanzi
Chandler
Weinke
McNutt
Manson
DJK
JVB

Latest posts