Raise your glasses to A-Rob

Mac50702

The Real A-Rob not that fraud from ISU. I defiantly thought that Jewel would have the bigger day today, but my hat is off to you ARob.

He looked great. Jewel needs a little more experience. Once he starts finding the holes a little better he will be real good.

Glass is raised to A-Rob and all of the Hawks.
Much love to Jewel in his first game in 20 months. :)

The Real A-Rob not that fraud from ISU. I defiantly thought that Jewel would have the bigger day today, but my hat is off to you ARob.

Nice dig on Alexander Robinson. Adam Robinson should be buying his line dinner for this one. Alexander Robinson should have his line carrying him to class. Or Arnaud, the real problem with that offense.

Adam Robinson did look good, but a team with real LBs will give Iowa more of a challenge. Knott looked alright, but everyone else on ISUs team was just abyssmal. If the UI ARob can break these tackles against players like Greg Jones, he gets a vote. Or else he is just the next man in.

Hampton I thought actually looked a little TOO hungry today. He was so eager to make a big play again that he didn't set up his blocks as well as he did as a freshman. Obviously that will change once he really gets back in the groove, that was just my observation from today.

Question I ask is do we use Robinson the way we used Shonn and let jewel come in for breather carries, or do we run the same way we ran today with alternate series?

Question I ask is do we use Robinson the way we used Shonn and let jewel come in for breather carries, or do we run the same way we ran today with alternate series?

Rotate them. 1. A-Rob is not as good as Greene, not even close. 2. He's also more likely to suffer ankle injuries because of his running style. And 3. Hampton is a damn good back too.

I must say A-Rob impressed me today. I didnt think he had it in him, but wow he is a shifty hard working Iowa kid.. Props A-Rob.

Adam Robinson did look good, but a team with real LBs will give Iowa more of a challenge. Knott looked alright, but everyone else on ISUs team was just abyssmal. If the UI ARob can break these tackles against players like Greg Jones, he gets a vote. Or else he is just the next man in.
Wait a second. Adam made the world's greatest safety look silly on a couple of plays. Give him his props.

Nice dig on Alexander Robinson. Adam Robinson should be buying his line dinner for this one. Alexander Robinson should have his line carrying him to class. Or Arnaud, the real problem with that offense.

Can it, clone. Your o-line got their heads handed to them today.

Wait a second. Adam made the world's greatest safety look silly on a couple of plays. Give him his props.

David Sims and Leonard Johnson both got turned out like used gym socks today. DJK abused Leanord Johnson. Allen Reisner abused Leonard Johnson.

Hampton I thought actually looked a little TOO hungry today. He was so eager to make a big play again that he didn't set up his blocks as well as he did as a freshman. Obviously that will change once he really gets back in the groove, that was just my observation from today.

I was actually worried about that today, but I will say it was nice to see him settle down a little bit. The runs he had today, there wasn't much to advance with.

Another thing I will say that I loved was that watching the game today, I saw a few different points where I thought there were points where it looked like we could have fumbled given the hits.

Once again, a great job by the backs holding onto the ball.

Hampton will be fine. We have a devastating run game and Stanzi will be solid. Lets give it a week and see where we are at. Great game, no stress. Where are the panty waists that were spouting " I am really afraid of this game". Give me a break!!!

Adam deserves massive props. He ran really hard ... and his vision is really nice. Hampton will be able to learn a lot from watching Adam.

As for Hampton, he just needs to let things come to him a bit more. He was clearly trying to go a bit "too fast" and he wasn't always making good decisions. However, part of that is that he's been away from the game for a while. Furthermore, aside from the Indiana game back in '08, he simply wasn't used to getting so many reps.

Anyhow, I have little doubt that Hampton can do plenty to refine his game. As he does, our running game will only get more potent!