Ragaini and Tracy emerging at WR

Wow. Great stuff! Now I know I won't have to listen to anything our coaches say about players. Thanks!

1) Kirk Ferentz is well known to hate the spring game and any public practices. The field turf thing is a perfect excuse.

2) Your Jack Trice suggestion takes over spots 1-50 of the 50 dumbest things ever posted in this forum. That is so fucking stupid I don’t even know where to begin. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

On a serious note, that was fucking idiotic. Did you read it before you hit “Post Reply?”

Wow...I was born...just not yesterday. How many rivals in college football play their spring game on the other team's field. None...Zip...Nada. The rival would consider it an insult of epic proportions. It's unheard of, it's outrageous, it's nonsensical. Therefore, when someone references something so outrageous, it's typically seen as a dig at that bitter rival. Now, you can believe that it was not in jest and that the upper part of the post wasn't sarcastic and a dig at KF...but I'm going on record that you may be the one that's pretty stupid not to see the sarcasm.

Weiting, Beyer and Cook will prove to be the best TE production in the B1G. Mark it down.

“Yeah, but it won’t be as good as Fant and TJ!”

Well, No shit! 2 First round draft picks are incredibly hard to replace at any position by any team, including Alabama and Clemson. Still, we have veteran guys with big bodies, that know what they are doing. It isn’t like we are asking freshman to step in and save the day.

I am much more concerned with our QB’s accuracy and the interior OL run blocking.

the most over-used phrase "not a blazer"

I don't think anyone ever called Wadley a blazer but once he was in the open field no one could catch him, same goes for Fant. If being a blazer was all it took, every coach would recruit track stars to play WR, but it's not that simple and the cliche takes have gotten really old

I am of the view that I would like to see ISM concentrate more on special team play (sounds like they are trying him on punts too) and get him the ball that way, and then limit his offensive snaps to 10-12 focused plays were we design plays to get him the ball in space, or use him as a decoy. He is very dangerous with the ball in his hands in space, but he is not an every down WR from what he has shown to date. He has bad hands and is an average blocker at best. ISM could be a great "package" guy, IMHO.

I'll believe WR breakouts when I see it in the fall. Lip Service.
While true, it's also true that a breakout is needed this fall for this team to be successful. The TE production is likely to go down, so the boys on the outside are going to need to play big this year.

the most over-used phrase "not a blazer"

I don't think anyone ever called Wadley a blazer but once he was in the open field no one could catch him, same goes for Fant. If being a blazer was all it took, every coach would recruit track stars to play WR, but it's not that simple and the cliche takes have gotten really old

Fant is definitely a blazer. Probably one of the best 40 times at the TE position in combine history.

Wadley is definitely not (nor was Jerry Rice or Emmitt Smith). But as you said, the speed at which they play, and their speed in the short spaces that matter so much in football, was elite.

I am of the view that I would like to see ISM concentrate more on special team play (sounds like they are trying him on punts too) and get him the ball that way, and then limit his offensive snaps to 10-12 focused plays were we design plays to get him the ball in space, or use him as a decoy. He is very dangerous with the ball in his hands in space, but he is not an every down WR from what he has shown to date. He has bad hands and is an average blocker at best. ISM could be a great "package" guy, IMHO.
I’m with you, that’s why I’m excited that Tracy is working at all three spots. Get creative with getting the ball in both ISM and Tracy’s hands in space, but I agree that ISM doesn’t appear to be an every down WR.

If that’s the case it makes Brandon Smith’s development that much more important. He needs to provide consistent production.

I'm excited to see Tracy on the field this year. His HS tape reminded me of Desean Jackson, which is atypical for any Iowa WR commit.
Has there been any mention of Calvin Lockett?

I'm excited to see Tracy on the field this year. His HS tape reminded me of Desean Jackson, which is atypical for any Iowa WR commit.
Has there been any mention of Calvin Lockett?
He was hurt last year, so probably knocking the rust off. There was a neat picture of him going up for a 1-handed grab the other day, though idk if he came down with it.

He was hurt last year, so probably knocking the rust off. There was a neat picture of him going up for a 1-handed grab the other day, though idk if he came down with it.

He did. Copeland mentioned it yesterday.

Lockett missed all of training camp and the first three weeks of the season with an injury. He's still catching up.

I’m with you, that’s why I’m excited that Tracy is working at all three spots. Get creative with getting the ball in both ISM and Tracy’s hands in space, but I agree that ISM doesn’t appear to be an every down WR.

If that’s the case it makes Brandon Smith’s development that much more important. He needs to provide consistent production.
I think Brandon Smith has to be a starter this year. He is big, physical, and has the ability to do everything needed in this offense. He just has to step up and play. He does not have to be lights out, but a consistent threat and pull down 3-4 catches a game.

Just curious.... why would you want a guy that you describe as having bad hands being a kick/punt returner?

1) Kirk Ferentz is well known to hate the spring game and any public practices. The field turf thing is a perfect excuse.

2) Your Jack Trice suggestion takes over spots 1-50 of the 50 dumbest things ever posted in this forum. That is so fucking stupid I don’t even know where to begin. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

On a serious note, that was fucking idiotic. Did you read it before you hit “Post Reply?”

Your inner Dean is coming out.

Latest posts