R-E-L-A-P-S-E

SteveGarvey1

Not "Relax". Never thought we'd fall to the same level of poor basketball as we did when Lickliter was here, but we've relapsed to that level of play. Sure, we score more points and it's not as boring of a style but the results are trending back to the abyss of Lickliterness for the Iowa basketball program.

But I hope not. Just gotta hold on and hope the recruits next year and the year after make a difference. Forget the NCAAs or even the NIT because this teams' not even making the bubble of the NIT. Just forget the record and postseason tournaments and hope to see improvement.

I think we've already tuned it around enough to not be a Lick like team. Still way lower than where we need to be. But far from Lick.

I think we've already tuned it around enough to not be a Lick like team. Still way lower than where we need to be. But far from Lick.

Agreed. the only advantages I'd give Lick's teams is that they were probably a lot tougher mentally than Fran's teams and they had something resembling a defense.

Fran's teams, even the good ones, just can't handle adversity and his defense is awful.

Not "Relax". Never thought we'd fall to the same level of poor basketball as we did when Lickliter was here, but we've relapsed to that level of play. Sure, we score more points and it's not as boring of a style but the results are trending back to the abyss of Lickliterness for the Iowa basketball program.

But I hope not. Just gotta hold on and hope the recruits next year and the year after make a difference. Forget the NCAAs or even the NIT because this teams' not even making the bubble of the NIT. Just forget the record and postseason tournaments and hope to see improvement.

I have not been motivated to follow Iowa Basketball. I just know that they will not move beyond the broad band of average teams. I can't do that for football but I can for basketball.

By chance I noticed the ISU - Iowa Game was on. I sat and watched without emotion.

Its a great thing. I'm not a fan, much less a true fan. I laugh at your frustration.

1*lczk5cwMcnRm-MrIUp9trg.png

Latest posts