Quinton Alston Interview

Thanks I will be interviewing Jordan Canzeri tomorrow and my good friend Sayre Bedinger will be interviewing Jordan Lomax

Great interview. I think it helps that almost every recruit we pulled in this year is highly educated and not coming to Iowa just to play football like some of the S(outhern)E(ducation)C(onference).

He answer when you asked him the following surprised me:

"As a kid who attended every Iowa home game last year, I wondered if Alston had any favorite Kinnick Stadium game day traditions yet. QA: Not really, I’m starting to learn them now. Before the games I just listen to music on my Ipod. Its not rap music just smooth music to relax me to make sure I know all the assignments and the game plan since I am the mic linebacker."

I would think he would listen to something to pump him up. But instead, he looks at it as he has to go into the game with a clear head on his shoulders, and tries to calm himself down. Sounds like a pretty smart young man.

Great interview. I think it helps that almost every recruit we pulled in this year is highly educated and not coming to Iowa just to play football like some of the S(outhern)E(ducation)C(onference).

He answer when you asked him the following surprised me:

"As a kid who attended every Iowa home game last year, I wondered if Alston had any favorite Kinnick Stadium game day traditions yet. QA: Not really, I’m starting to learn them now. Before the games I just listen to music on my Ipod. Its not rap music just smooth music to relax me to make sure I know all the assignments and the game plan since I am the mic linebacker."

I would think he would listen to something to pump him up. But instead, he looks at it as he has to go into the game with a clear head on his shoulders, and tries to calm himself down. Sounds like a pretty smart young man.

Yea, he is a very smart guy!! He really wants to get a championship at Iowa

SD, will you be doing an interview with Hendy also, since he is apparently dying to come here so bad?

That was a really good interview. I really liked his answer to your Iowa State question. I think that is how it should be, and honestly I doubt any of them hate ISU since most of them aren't from Iowa, they're just answering that way cause they know that's what you want to hear.

I have thought this since the first time I read an interview, but I think the ISU question is very immature, and unprofessional. Keep this about them and Iowa. Maybe ask them about playing against OSU or PSU or a game that matters more than the ISU game.

That was a really good interview. I really liked his answer to your Iowa State question. I think that is how it should be, and honestly I doubt any of them hate ISU since most of them aren't from Iowa, they're just answering that way cause they know that's what you want to hear.

I have thought this since the first time I read an interview, but I think the ISU question is very immature, and unprofessional. Keep this about them and Iowa. Maybe ask them about playing against OSU or PSU or a game that matters more than the ISU game.

The reason I ask them about ISU is because you are supposed to end an interview with something funny and a question that isnt so serious. I have asked that question to every recruit I have talked to and they have never had a problem with me asking them that. In fact a lot of them have questions about the rivalry. Sorry you feel the question is immature.

The reason I ask them about ISU is because you are supposed to end an interview with something funny and a question that isnt so serious. I have asked that question to every recruit I have talked to and they have never had a problem with me asking them that. In fact a lot of them have questions about the rivalry. Sorry you feel the question is immature.

I tend to agree with the ealier poster. The ISU question is a bit awkward, even for the reader. Using the word 'Hate' is a bit strong. Even Alston responded with, 'I don't hate anyone'.
Also, to assume that all Hawk fans hate Iowa State is really not true.

Suggestion: how about asking each recruit about how exciting it will be part of the inaguaral class to play the Huskers and establishing that game as a major rivalry?!

I realize you have asked the same questions to all the recruits. I see that. I don't think questioning their knowledge about the rivalry is bad. I think it is the way you state it about "hating ISU". Just cause it is a rivalry doesn't make it hatred. And though they know it is a rivalry why should they hate ISU. I think Alston's response was great.

I get that you're going for funny, but don't see it when you bring up the hate. Many other ways you could go to question about ISU and have a final question that is actually funny.