Questions you WONT hear asked to KF?

Have fun with this. I will start with a few.

1. Its out there that Iowa is only keeping you around because they can't afford to buy you out. How does that make you feel?
2. 99% of all the FBS teams had more than one QB take a snap this year for various reasons. You claim that getting a younger Qb some snaps doesn't really help them. What makes you think your philosophy is so right and everyone else is wrong? Is this a Christopher Columbus I have to prove the earth is round mentality you have?
3. Do you think your term "ebbs and flows of football" should not apply to a program who has top notch facilites, a large fan base, and highly paid coaches?
4. Poor execution is another term you use frequesntly. Would it be fair to use that term when describing your play calling abilities over the past 14 years and your recruitng results the last 3 to 4 years?
5. Given the amount of pay do you think you need to do more on a national media front to promote the program and recruiting? We see other coaches with similar salaries or less than you out on the national media fronts setting high expectations. Why don't you do that? Are you afraid of facing tough questions from media members who don't drink your kool aid?

Actually those are very, very good questions.....I like the sharp edge to them....they won't get asked, but
they are very fair in my mind.

I get to play Ferentz.

Answer to No. 1 - Rich.

Answer to No. 2 - That's really two questions, so here you go. 1. $21 million buyout. Suck on that. 2. What position does this Chris Columbus play?

Answer to No. 3 - What program are you talking about? At Iowa, it's highly paid coach, not highly paid coaches.

Answer to No. 4 - Again, two questions. It's really more of a "that's football" than "poor execution" answer.

Answer to No. 5 - Once again, multiple questions. 1. I was thinking about having an in-house tattoo parlor. Is that what you had in mind? 2. I think Iowa will win the National Championship next year - how's that? I can feel the buzz already, can you? 3. You guys make the kool aid, not me.

answer my questions you ***.

Coach: How would you have handled the Battle at Little Big Horn? Do you think General Custer was to aggressive?

Coach: Do you chew your gum vertically or horizontally. Also, do you stick with your old piece of gum or would consider putting in a back-up piece of gum when the old piece of gum loses its flavor?

Have fun with this. I will start with a few.

2. 99% of all the FBS teams had more than one QB take a snap this year for various reasons. You claim that getting a younger Qb some snaps doesn't really help them. What makes you think your philosophy is so right and everyone else is wrong? Is this a Christopher Columbus I have to prove the earth is round mentality you have?

I always chuckled at his patented response to this. "JVB gave us the best chance to win". We finished the season 4-8. Sorry wrong answer.. :)

If this is the case, and I have not yet done the research, then asking him about bowl preparations seems like an absurd question.

Perhaps he meant bowl party preparations. Maybe Kurt and Merry are having friends over for the bowl games, and the poster was curious how the food planning was coming.
A follow up question could be... "Kurt, what is your secret for your special smokey sauce?"

Latest posts