Questions regarding the Big 10 Tournament

I made my first trip to Indianapolis for the FB championship, and really liked the vibe. I can't even imagine how cool it'd be to have upwards of 14...er...12 (Not sure if Minny or Rutgers would consider it worth the trip :p) Big10 fanbases unleashed on the city.

So I wanna make it back for the BTT. Now how have people making this trip done it in years prior? Buy all the session passes and sell whenever we don't make the title game? Buy one for each day--I notice a couple days have multiple "sessions"?

Or do you wait until our sessions are announced before buying? Does waiting affect the prices as much as waiting to know who plays in a football game?

I figure we should be planning a little further ahead than we've had to in previous years. Any help would be appreciated!

The United Center is not in the middle of a "cultural district" where most people want to be except for the games. It would be much better if the games could be played downtown, such as near Soldier Field.

Edited to say never mind . . . the tournament is in Indy this year.

Last edited:
The United Center is not in the middle of a "cultural district" where most people want to be except for the games. It would be much better if the games could be played downtown, such as near Soldier Field.

Soldier Field is nowhere near downtown Indy.

The Big 10 Tournament is in Indianapolis, not Chicago.

I bought tix for the first two days. Iowa flamed out the last game of the first night, but I stuck around the 2nd day anyway. Lot and lots of scalpers around the stadium.

I stayed at the LaQuinta....a 4 block walk to the stadium, parking was free.
Cab rides were $5 anywhere within downtown, regardless of how many riders.

It is a great event, and Indy does a great job of hosting the event! We have a group of guys that attend every year. With Indy being such a small downtown, it is fun because fans everywhere makes for a fun environment for sure. Indy does a great job with sporting events!

Holy shitt. I thought it was in Chicago too and I also went to indy for the championship game too and loved it. Looks like I may be going to the tourney in Indy. Booyas

Last year my brother bought us 2 full tourney passes for the first time, and we've been going since the Lickliter years to Indy/Chicago. Since Iowa lost, we ended up selling the rest, but didn't recoup close to what we paid. I definitely suggest buying as you go. Less headaches, except for having to find tix to each game. There are a lot of bars/restaurants downtown within walking distance.

I wish they would eliminate Chicago from the rotation. There is really nothing close to the United Center, and walking in the neighborhood around the UC is not the best area to be.

Plus, waiting for the pairings before you get tickets will save you money, especially if Iowa gets a bye. Right there is 2 sessions you won't need to pay for.