Question on Beathard's injury

Mississippi, to answer your question.

im not asking WHAT the injury is, or whether he will play, etc. what I'm asking is HOW does an injury like that continue to heal while somebody keeps playing. Again, I want to be clear that in not questioning the decision. I've just been wondering and haven't seen this specifically discussed

Well if it is a slight hamstring or groin muscle pull and not a major muscle tear the trainers can wrap it tight to keep it from over stretching and maybe getting worse. At the same time CJ or any player would not be as mobile or very mobile. Amazing what wrapping bruised or even broken ribs can do let alone a knee etc that is strained but not torn.

In the Maryland game CJ ran when CJ needed to run but he wasnt as fast or doing much juking

I'm talking before Rudock and CJB were at Iowa. Think back.

Just saying watching Wiegers in the limited time he's seen action, he appears to be a capable QB. Don't believe we've always been able to say that as fans.

He honestly looked like Rudock to me in the NW game.

Ferentz has said that Beathard won't be one-hundred percent until January. Because of the injuries, the Hawks will not call any roll outs, bootlegs & play action passes the rest of the season. CJ is basically a statue because of the injuries. This issue has been in the newspapers & discussed on this board for weeks. Where have you been?

Let's see: No ability to escape a blitz, no play action, no bootlegs or rollouts and CJ basically a cigar store Indian in the pocket? Hmm. And we maybe face defenses like that of Ohio State or Michigan State in a possible B1G Championship game? I don't like that set of circumstances...

In 2009 we almost beat Ohio State with a back up. If we had to go without Beathard for a game or two against really bad teams when we have one of the better defenses in the country I still think it's likely we win.

In 2009 we almost beat Ohio State with a back up. If we had to go without Beathard for a game or two against really bad teams when we have one of the better defenses in the country I still think it's likely we win.

The problem is that we won't play any "really bad" teams going forward. Despite the narrative, I have watched every team left on our schedule play very good football at times, all of them have components and players with high level talent. Indiana, Minnesota, and Purdue have taken very good teams to late in the 4th quarter, and as much as I've enjoyed the brutal season nebby has had, make no mistake, at full strength, they have talent.

Hawks can't have a single letdown. Let's just hope for strong starts and very good Oline play, strong running game, and creative offensive playcalling. A strong Defense that minimizes mistakes and win the turnovers battle is paramount, especially this week.

Latest posts