Question About Playing Professionally Oversees.

MelroseHawkins

This just came to me. I was reviewing Greg Stokes wiki page and something dawned on me and a question arose. How come players when playing oversees seem to switch teams it seems every year or every two years. How does it work? Do these teams give very short contracts? It seems that players rarely play for the same team long-term, and even change countries to play in a different professional leagues. It's like a different hodge-podge of players for teams every year. Kind of weird. Thoughts?

This just came to me. I was reviewing Greg Stokes wiki page and something dawned on me and a question arose. How come players when playing oversees seem to switch teams it seems every year or every two years. How does it work? Do these teams give very short contracts? It seems that players rarely play for the same team long-term, and even change countries to play in a different professional leagues. It's like a different hodge-podge of players for teams every year. Kind of weird. Thoughts?
Good questions. I haven't a clue can't say I've paid too close attention. I just know that there're many leagues over there mens and womens and for those willing to bounce around it's a great way to make a living and see the world. Stephon Marbury basically turned himself into a God in China. I'm kinda surprised more of the borderline pretty good guys don't consider it. But the NBA $ is just so crazy high.

Tyler Cook just got called up to the Nets for a 10 day contract. A player getting 2 of those in 1 yr will get a guy paid almost more then for an entire season over there I bet. I'm surprised Uthoff White and Jok haven't been able to carve out a nitche in the NBA. Or Marble for that matter. It's just tough...

Latest posts