Question about Fran and the lineup

TheOracle

I've seen a lot of posts about the upcoming lineup and who will start, who will play where and so on and so forth. I personally have a lot of faith in Fran and if the past 2 years have proven anything its that the best players and best lineups will be on the court when it matters. To add to that we have depth which is one thing we haven't had over the past few years. One thing I'm excited to see is if Fran uses this depth like the Good Dr did back in the day with them playing 4-5 minutes full speed and all out or if he will let our best players play the majority or the minutes and sub when needed.

I've seen a lot of posts about the upcoming lineup and who will start, who will play where and so on and so forth. I personally have a lot of faith in Fran and if the past 2 years have proven anything its that the best players and best lineups will be on the court when it matters. To add to that we have depth which is one thing we haven't had over the past few years. One thing I'm excited to see is if Fran uses this depth like the Good Dr did back in the day with them playing 4-5 minutes full speed and all out or if he will let our best players play the majority or the minutes and sub when needed.

You're the Oracle. You tell us how things are gonna go down.

I think I just did. The best players will play regardless of position. Marble isn't a point but they made it work the best they could. Basabe who many people thought would be our go to got reduced to playing when he was effective and sitting when he wasn't. It just goes to show that the most effective players will be on the court regardless of position.

who thought basabe would be a go to? gatens was the obvious go to. basabe gets most of his points on pick and roll or put backs. until he develops a back to basket move(s) or a 15 ft shot he will never be a true go to. i expect fran to have them rotate quite frequently to keep them as close to 100% as possible. i can only see 2 guys playing 30+ min (marble and white). i see a solid 10 or 11 man rotation depending on development of the 4 &5 men (namely meyer and olesani). still think we are 1 outside shooter away and that is why the addition of ju for the following yr would help alot.

point guards (2) - gesell & clemmons
shooting guards (2) - ogelsby & ingram
small forward (2) - marble & may
power forward (3) - white & basabe & meyer
center (3) - mccabe & woodbury & olaseni

out of those 12 i can easily see a 10 or 11 man rotation especially with some of them playing multiple positions. to me there are just a few questions: 1) can ingram shoot? 2) will may be healthy? 3) will meyer or olaseni be able to crack the rotation?

looks like a true team with depth. one that could score more points than any other team in the b10 this yr. so will we be able to stop the other team enough and i think we will see our greatest strides on defense...so, yes.

Go over to teh Scout Board and ask Black Tarn. He knows everything about Iowa basketball...just ask him.

the only thing we know for sure at this point is white will start at the 3 and Gabe will average a double double.

Latest posts