Quarterback

DJL

When Iowa has those special seasons, we have a quarterback with the “it@ factor. A guy who can go out and win the game for you. I think Nate has talent, he’s had some great games, and even played well a lot of the game last year. He just doesn’t have “it”. I’m hoping and think maybe our freshman on the bench just might. Not saying he should play, just being hopeful about the future.

I thought Stanley played well last night. It's unfortunate, but in the fourth quarter, he missed on a few throws. Part of the problem is that Iowa just didn't get field position in this game...we were forced to go the length of the field all night. The fumbled punt killed us as we would have had a short field and we had momentum after scoring our first touchdown the possession before.

Hornibrooke made plays in the fourth and Nate missed on a couple of critical throws in the fourth. The one to Hockenson where he overthrew him when he was wide open and would have gotten us out of a hole and started something...that was critical. You have to make that play.

The game came down to the last possessions...Nate has to make the plays in that situation to be called a great QB. He didn't last night. You can't put the game on him though...the two punt mistakes cost us this game.

Stanley played fine, and I give him loads of crap.

Here’s why we lost:
-The sneak call
-The touched punt and TO
-That 3rd down sweep call

That’s it. A horrible playcalls and an all time stupid mistake.

Stanley is fine when he can rifle the ball. Wisonsinsin tried more to get a hand up than get to him. He cannot loft a ball and he is so bad at ig he wont change.

Before the fg when they misdirected Fant and he was one on one Wisky completely sold out to stop the run or sweep whatever it was. Stanley couldnt recognize the opportunity or he is strictly obedient.

Stanley kept us in the game despite our coaches blunders. He missed a big throw late and had a terrible audible but overall he was solid.

Stanley is fine when he can rifle the ball. Wisonsinsin tried more to get a hand up than get to him. He cannot loft a ball and he is so bad at ig he wont change.

Before the fg when they misdirected Fant and he was one on one Wisky completely sold out to stop the run or sweep whatever it was. Stanley couldnt recognize the opportunity or he is strictly obedient.
I agree with all this. And Stanley didn’t lose the game for us. He just doesn’t go out and win it for us like CJ or Ricky would as examples. He will follow the game plan, make some good throws and make some bad throws. He’s just fine. But to get to where we want to be, we need more.

My only question about Stanley is how much weight is he carrying,he looks a lot heavier than last year which has slowed him down. He's playing well just wondered about his weight.

Gosh that fumble was terrible. He actually ran into Wisconsin player himself.

Totally a fluke and almost a 1 in a 1000, He ran into the guy because you could see him looking down the field. The wisconsin player was being blocked and had his back to our returner. Lots of fast moving changing parts out there.

I like him as a punt returner but he needs to make a few better judgments on some fair catches.

As far as Nate, he finished 14-23, 7 incompletions and most of those 7 came in the 4th qtr, several in the last minute.

He played great for 3 qtrs and he does need to finish games. But also he was almost perfect for 3 qtrs for maybe the coaches should have dialed up more pass plays .

As far as Nate, he finished 14-23, 7 incompletions and most of those 7 came in the 4th qtr, several in the last minute.

He played great for 3 qtrs and he does need to finish games. But also he was almost perfect for 3 qtrs for maybe the coaches should have dialed up more pass plays .
Yes maybe. He’s just not a closer. Maybe he can get there. He actually made a play on his own in the first half too. Sometimes a QB needs a little bit of cowboy in him. Nate seems very by the book most the time. Of course he’s probably coached that way.

Nate was great until the game was on the line, and then he freaked out. I too would like to see if the freshmen have what Stanley has not shown yet.

Reactions: DJL

Latest posts