QB Sneak Stanley appreciation thread

Herky4Prez

This was a weapon all year...discuss

10 yards on 2nd down and then two follow sneaks in a row (2nd got in but replay Iowa), perhaps the qb sneaks finest hour in the history of football.

We may never see qb sneaking at this level again, college or pro. It was a pleasure.
Exactly. I've never seen it before.
It is easily Nate's best play and I'll ALWAYS remember him for that.
I doubt we'll ever see it executed so well again, and we're going to miss it.

That play takes a lot of time to develop. Timing is everything. I'm glad we had Nate executing it to perfection. ;)

I never understood running anything else with 3rd and 3 or less why you wouldn't just run Nate on QB sneak. Nobody stopped that all year. It's the one play our OL could block better than the D. Well Polasheck got one play right.

And BTW Nate missed a couple throws like always but when we can people out of his face the kid can make some great throws and on some occasions he makes really great plays outside the pocket like that last TD pass last night that was a helluva play.

I really wanted them to call one more sneak at the goal line, but the handoff to Goodson was the right call.

I think for the QB sneak HALL OF FAME you must nominate the QB (Stanley) and the Center (Linderbaum). These two dudes must go into the Hall at the head of the class. You may never see QB sneaking of this quality again!!

The sneak again USC was all world. Stanley darn near scored on the play.

Having a QB that can go under center is necessary. Iowa State had a fourth and short, and out of the shotgun, Purdy had to hand the ball off 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage. That play was DOA.

Latest posts