QB Change - The Cheifs setting the example

SWIowaHawkeye

May be old news, but the Chiefs Coach Crennel is changing QBs:

Looking to shake his 1-5 team out of a rut, Kansas City Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel announced that Brady Quinn will take over as the team's quarterback. "Probably the most impactful move I could make to get everybody's attention was to change the quarterback," Crennel told reporters Monday. "I'm not saying Matt Cassel is the reason we are where we are. The stroke of that brush is a broad stroke and everybody is included in it. We're trying to make this better, get this better. We need to coach better, we need to play better. If we do those things, then we can be better."My biggest deal was my gut (feeling) in telling me that I needed to impact the team by changing the dynamic, by having a different dynamic. Brady Quinn is the guy I want to go with."

Crennel also said that Quinn won't "have a quick hook," meaning that all the Kansas City fans who campaigned to send Cassel to the bench will get their wish.

Getting a team out of rut...changing the dynamic. What a concept.

Also interesting last in the article:

But if Crennel was genuinely looking to shake things up, he'd roll the dice with unproven second year quarterback Ricky Stanzi. The Iowa product can't be much worse than Quinn or Cassel have been so far. If he doesn't work out, the Chiefs still end up drafting a hopeful franchise QB with one of the top picks in April anyway.

"[Rudock] can't be much worse than [V-berg] has been so far..."

Whar Stanzi?

stanzi_ricky.jpg

He's a 3rd string QB for one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Along with that the 1st and 2nd string QB's are pretty much horrible.

At the same time there are less than 100 QBs that play at the professional level in the NFL. If Stanzi never takes a snap, finishes his contract and never signs another one he is still thousands of times better than anyone on this board in what they do on day to day basis.

He is a multi-millionare and a great Hawkeye story. He was great winner and the only Iowa QB for over 25? years that stuck in the NFL for more than some exhibition games.

Whar Stanzi?

stanzi_ricky.jpg

Crennel also mentioned, "Stanzi isn't ready for the field yet and we wouldn't want to hurt his development (and feelings) by having him play on this crappy team." "If things go the way we have them planned out he should be able to go by the start of the 2018 season."

Stanzi needs a haircut baaaaaaaad. He isn't Sampson, maybe he would get a chance and play well if he could see through his hair.

He is a multi-millionare and a great Hawkeye story.

Stanzi Contract - 7/28/2011: Signed a four-year, $2,286,052 contract. The deal included a $211,052 signing bonus. 2012: $465,000 (+ $11,000 workout bonus), 2013: $555,000 (+ $12,000 workout bonus), 2014: $645,000 (+ $12,000 workout bonus), 2015: Free Agent

Do me a favor pal, run the math on there with taxes and agent fees backed out. And watch the ESPN special "Broke." That money for 2013 and 2014 ain't guaranteed, either, and if the guy is behind Brady Quinn, if I were him, I wouldn't count on cashing those checks at this time next year. Now sure, he'll probably get $8 million to advertise for Panchero's, but until that deal is inked, I wouldn't call him a multi-millionaire.

He's a 3rd string QB for one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Along with that the 1st and 2nd string QB's are pretty much horrible.

At the same time there are less than 100 QBs that play at the professional level in the NFL. If Stanzi never takes a snap, finishes his contract and never signs another one he is still thousands of times better than anyone on this board in what they do on day to day basis.

He is a multi-millionare and a great Hawkeye story. He was great winner and the only Iowa QB for over 25? years that stuck in the NFL for more than some exhibition games.

For a dood with a history of making terrible posts this might be the worst 1 ever. Stanzi is at the bottom of his profession. At least I am in the middle of my profession. plus I am in Mount Rushmoar of hn posters so I have that going for me. Stazi b jelly of goast.

For a dood with a history of making terrible posts this might be the worst 1 ever. Stanzi is at the bottom of his profession. At least I am in the middle of my profession. plus I am in Mount Rushmoar of hn posters so I have that going for me. Stazi b jelly of goast.

Word

Come on, Ghost, Stanzi is prolly in the middle of his profession, not the bottom. His profession is professional QB. He is higher than the QBs in the CFL, the Arena League, World League of American Football, the XFL and the USFL.

But, query whether Wal-Mart would hire 3 strings of checkers with the second string only working when the first string calls in sick and the 3rd string only working when the first two strings are both sick. Seems like quite a stretch for that ever to happen in most other jobs.

Stanzi Contract - 7/28/2011: Signed a four-year, $2,286,052 contract. The deal included a $211,052 signing bonus. 2012: $465,000 (+ $11,000 workout bonus), 2013: $555,000 (+ $12,000 workout bonus), 2014: $645,000 (+ $12,000 workout bonus), 2015: Free Agent

Do me a favor pal, run the math on there with taxes and agent fees backed out. And watch the ESPN special "Broke." That money for 2013 and 2014 ain't guaranteed, either, and if the guy is behind Brady Quinn, if I were him, I wouldn't count on cashing those checks at this time next year. Now sure, he'll probably get $8 million to advertise for Panchero's, but until that deal is inked, I wouldn't call him a multi-millionaire.

Math says around $600k net at this point. No guarantee he sees another dollar in the NFL. Good money for a couple years' work, but far from multimillionaire.

If I were him, I'd be considering GDR's nude "Men of Revolt" calendar deal a lot more seriously.

Crennel also mentioned, "Stanzi isn't ready for the field yet and we wouldn't want to hurt his development (and feelings) by having him play on this crappy team." "If things go the way we have them planned out he should be able to go by the start of the 2018 season."

Double like

Latest posts