Put this crap to bed; disparity in Nebby plays and yardage vs Iowa

Too many factors to mention, which apparently you haven't read at all what I have said.

Team Talent let alone a players talent is INTANGIBLE LOOK UP THAT WORD and then you will know why!

Genius!

Any OFFENSIVE Play could result in 8 points. So on any given play if a team is down by under 8 points is it possible how is that so hard to believe??

And NEBRASKA had the same amount of Draft picks in 2014 than IOWA so what are you boasting about? The Past??

When we go into the bend and bend some more defense, with the secondary playing 12 yards off the line, you are going to give up yards. Lots of yards. But not scores. It is what we do when we get ahead, frustrating to watch, but we won.
Meh, what is lessened when Iowa employs the bend but sometimes don't break defense? Time of possession for Iowa's offense, and Iowa usually doesn't have a quick strike offense. That translates to less points for Iowa - Iowa takes away points from Iowa's offense when it employs the bend but sometimes don't break defense that keeps Iowa's offense on the sidelines.
Time of possession eaters, both.

Sidenote: You want to figure out why Iowa, historically, has such close, low scoring games? An offense that takes time to score and a 'non-breaking' defense that is on the field for long stretches at a time.

Last edited:
We scores a bunch of points in big plays and didn't pass because we didn't need to. I'd argue we dominated that game. There's a reason we haven't trailed in a very long time. It's because we're really good.

Everyone was making such a huge deal out of not converting 3rd downs. It would be a big deal except the offense scored 3 TDs on 1st downs all over 10 yards, 1 over 30 yards and one nearly 75 yards. Yet Iowa has no playmaking ability or immediate scoring threats?

Everyone was making such a huge deal out of not converting 3rd downs. It would be a big deal except the offense scored 3 TDs on 1st downs all over 10 yards, 1 over 30 yards and one nearly 75 yards. Yet Iowa has no playmaking ability or immediate scoring threats?

I would even argue to say and as I previously stated Any offensive play can score. I think Iowa fans are nitpicking a bit to much about a victory.

Any OFFENSIVE Play could result in 8 points. So on any given play if a team is down by under 8 points is it possible how is that so hard to believe??

If you could point to one moment in the second half where nebraska had the ball and was down by "under 8 points," that would be great.

In the fourth quarter that is correct Nebraska Didn't Have the ball with the opportunity to score. while being within 8.

You the nitpick police? I'm the grammar police. That's too as in too much.

By no means the Nitpick police, but I think you seem to be over-analyzing a victory and making mountains out of molehills. The Iowa Nebraska game will have no baring on the Iowa MSU game. Some Iowa fans who seem to be "worried" about the stats and what not from the Ne game are worrying for no reason whatsoever in my opinion as the MSU Iowa game will not be decided based upon what happened in the NE Iowa game.

I think we just need 74Hunter to come back and tell us why his Fuskers were 40 points better than us.

HomerChampless

and Prior to you being a dick you may want to read that I was Agreeing with you.

In the fourth quarter that is correct Nebraska Didn't Have the ball with the opportunity to score. while being within 8.
Not every team will be as inept, offensively, as Nebraska. It's the first year for that style of offense. That had to kill their head coach. They could've kicked the FG instead of going for the fade route in the endzone in the fourth quarter. Then..within one score.

I think we just need 74Hunter to come back and tell us why his Fuskers were 40 points better than us.

Really? someone thought the Huskers were 40pts?? That is straight delusional as the game went about just about as I expected if not a little better with that last FG.

Not every team will be as inept, offensively, as Nebraska. That had to kill their head coach. They could've kicked the FG instead of going for the fade route in the endzone in the fourth quarter. Then..within one score.

I think you will have just as much success running the ball as MSU couldn't stop this offense from running, their offense unless they throw in wrinkles could pose about as much threat as NE did just with better decision making so the deep threats and Connor Cooks decision making in my mind make this a really interesting matchup.

Too many factors to mention, which apparently you haven't read at all what I have said.

Team Talent let alone a players talent is INTANGIBLE LOOK UP THAT WORD and then you will know why!

Genius!

You're dodging questions like Neo dodges bullets in the Matrix. Only you're not near as smooth. You're one interesting dude. You just ramble on and on and in the end there's very little substance.

You do understand that Nebraska kicked a FG to get to that 8 point deficit with like less than 2 min left. They didn't get the onside kick so they never had the ball with an opportunity to tie in the 4th qtr. or in 13 min. Of the 3rd qtr. Nebraska never really threatened in that 2nd half. If you want to consider being down 2 scores the entire half to be "within striking distance" then so be it.

As for your whole talent stuff, I'd say having nearly double the players on the All B1G teams as Nebraska tells you what the media and coaches think of Iowa talent level Vs Nebraska talent level. That doesn't matter though I guess, because you "fell" Nebraska is more talented. I'm just pointing out that nearly everyone outside of Husker nation would disagree with that.

I think the weather had the biggest say in the stats. Far more than Nebraska did. A good weather day and Nebraska would have been playing against Iowa's second string in the fourth quarter.

You're dodging questions like Neo dodges bullets in the Matrix. Only you're not near as smooth. You're one interesting dude. You just ramble on and on and in the end there's very little substance.

I disagree, I felt that I gave you a direct answer, you asked an unanswerable question.
But since you asked ok Heismans, and NFL drafted players both Nebraska has more of.

What you will now do is pick a date range that will slide the scales to Iowa in all except 1 category Heisman winners all time and Last 15 years.

But in terms of what was actually being discussed of Team Talent, it is immeasurable as Talent is an Intangible object. Which is why discussions of this nature often go round and round.

Latest posts