Purdue

BryceC

The only way the Wisconsin game yesterday is a big deal is if the Hawks let it effect them and lose at Purdue. Win in West Layfayette and the Hawks are still right on track.

Kansas lost by 25 at Temple this year. Last year ISU had WVU hang a hundred on them on the road and ended up a 3 seed. This stuff happens.

The only way the Wisconsin game yesterday is a big deal is if the Hawks let it effect them and lose at Purdue. Win in West Layfayette and the Hawks are still right on track.

Kansas lost by 25 at Temple this year. Last year ISU had WVU hang a hundred on them on the road and ended up a 3 seed. This stuff happens.

You're a good clone poster on here, Bryce. It's very easy to be gracious when the clones are legit title contender and curb-stomped us already at home. No reason to sugarcoat it; this team is not very good and has suffered the same ills for years now. Iowa bball feels very much like Iowa football for that reason. Shiat never changes. Growing very tired of Iowa athletics.

Agreed. It was a typical Iowa fiasco after tasting a little success and getting a little notice. Cripes, 20-30 point losses are routine everytime Hawks travel to Breslin. Considering Breslin and Kohl are the 2 most biased home courts in the B14, why should the outcome be any different. (Not saying refs had anything to do with Hawks' pathetic performance last night, just that, there are just some places Iowa simply becomes dazed and has no business being on the court.)

Flush this pile of dung and focus on Purdue. Lose there and they will officially have taken 2 steps back. They'll also do serious damage to their NCAA hopes.

We lost to a Top 10 team and Final Four contender on their home floor, good grief climb off the ledge.

I'm glad BryceC is around here to provide a 3rd party voice of reason. Sheagle, listen to your friend DJ and back away from the ledge. You don't have to go undefeated in basketball to have a good season. And if you expected this team to win the B1G you are delusional.

A 30 point difference between the #6 team and the #25 team . . . .

We lost to a Top 10 team and Final Four contender on their home floor, good grief climb off the ledge.

I don't think it is because they are a top 10 team, our a Final Four contender, or that it was on their home floor that matters. I expected it to be a difficult scenario for the Hawks to pull off a win, and would have taken a 5-10 point loss without much thought. I think the "climbing off the ledge" is because they got blown out of the gymnasium. 30+ points for crying out loud.

Beat Purdue and all again is right with Hawkeye Basketball, lose and things start getting sketchy.

Before the season if someone asked start 4-2 but having to take an a** pounding from Wisconsin or start 1-5 and smoke the Badgers...everyone on here would be in the a** pounding line.

This team needs to get back to what allowed them to win 4 of 5. Tough but smart D and great ball movement and penatration.

Oleseni needs to get back to what got everyone excited. These last few games from him just proves he isn't the beast we were all hoping.

agree. it's only a big deal if we let it become a big deal. it's only 1 game.

Purdue is an absolutely pivotal game because 3 of the next 5 games are going to be Very tough to win. We absolutely need to win 3 of the next 5, and at least 1 of the next 3. Maryland and Wisky will be extremely tough to beat.

Win on Saturday....build from there.

The Purdue game is a golden opportunity for the guys to show this years team != last years team.

I say Iowa beats purdon't and the bad-gers over the next 2 games. These guys will be fired up and play great.

agree. it's only a big deal if we let it become a big deal. it's only 1 game.
I think what is happening is the fear that there is going to be a large meltdown like last season. It is only one game...the next two will tell a lot more about the ability to bounce back.

Agree totally. Bad games can happen, especially on the road against the #6 team in the country.

Flush it and move on. Just as long as the Hawks do that, this game won't matter much, other than an L in the loss column. A loss at Purdue would concern me, though.

I expect a better effort at Carver next week.

The effort will be better, the game plan will be executed more effectively.

However, Wisconsin has much better players, so they will probably beat the Hawkeyes at Carver. Just being realistic.

Last year we could have beat Michigan by infinity, and then they made the Elite 8.

This is college basketball, folks.

Agree totally. Bad games can happen, especially on the road against the #6 team in the country.

Flush it and move on. Just as long as the Hawks do that, this game won't matter much, other than an L in the loss column. A loss at Purdue would concern me, though.

The Hawks need to beat the Boilers, and I think they will.

There will be good days too.

This team needs to not let one performance effect the next, good or bad. Need to build mental toughness. Need to focus on improvement each game and have a goal of playing their best basketball at the end of the season.

I wrote this after the MSU beatdown. I thought about posting it after the Minnesota game and OSU game because it was true then as well. Still true now.

They can't let themselves get too high after wins or low after losses. They need to just focus on playing their best in the next game regardless of what happened recently.

Last year we could have beat Michigan by infinity, and then they made the Elite 8.

This is college basketball, folks.

Good example. They also beat us at their place. It's amazing how different 2 teams can play each other a couple weeks apart.

People hate that we lost by 30 but losing to them by 30 is about the same as getting beat by one of the bottom teams in the conference. More than likely these things will happen at least a few times during the course of a season. When one team plays better than their norm on the same night the other team plays worse than their norm, the final score isn't indictive of where the teams truely stand.

Latest posts