Purdue now the favorite?

longtimer

Looking at the schedule you have to believe based on their performance yesterday that they will be favored in all their remaining games with the exception of Ohio State on the road. If that happens they finish with 2 losses. Hard to see this Iowa team winning out and maybe best case scenario 3-2? Even if we go 4-1 Purdue now has the head to head tie breaker.
Who would have thought Iowa would be 6-0 and number 2 in the country? and now Purdue maybe the favorite to win the West
Clearly the Big Ten West is much less competitive than the East.

Looking at the schedule you have to believe based on their performance yesterday that they will be favored in all their remaining games with the exception of Ohio State on the road. If that happens they finish with 2 losses. Hard to see this Iowa team winning out and maybe best case scenario 3-2? Even if we go 4-1 Purdue now has the head to head tie breaker.
Who would have thought Iowa would be 6-0 and number 2 in the country? and now Purdue maybe the favorite to win the West
Clearly the Big Ten West is much less competitive than the East.

I saw that as a big possibility. Right now we are lucky Minny beat them to give them a loss. Doesnt purdue have to play MSU and Nebby?

I think one of the things about Purdue is other teams will or might have better pass rush to disrupt their passing game.

The hawks yesterday had almost zero disruption on their QBs and Brohm said postgame he was surprised that Iowa didnt double team Bell a lot more. So Purdue could still lose 3 more games maybe 4.

I would not crown Purdue as favorites despite the dress-down of us yesterday. Like said above, they have several teams yet to play that could beat them (I'm guessing at least 2 more losses for them). But, they are certainly more in the running probably along with Minny (and Wisky if they were to win out).

nope.

Wisconsin
@Nebraska
MSU
@OSU
@NW
Indiana

No way they get through that without at least 2 losses. Don't let the Iowa game fool you. Brohm knows exactly how to attack the Iowa defense...against everyone else they are a mediocre team.

nope.

Wisconsin
@Nebraska
MSU
@OSU
@NW
Indiana

No way they get through that without at least 2 losses. Don't let the Iowa game fool you. Brohm knows exactly how to attack the Iowa defense...against everyone else they are a mediocre team.
I'm not the only one. Listening to Podalak in Post Game he said Purdue was best team we have played. Maybe not but they sure were good yesterday. Of course they could get beat by Michigan State or Nebraska or Wisconsin but then again maybe not
will be an interesting last 5 games

I'm not the only one. Listening to Podalak in Post Game he said Purdue was best team we have played. Maybe not but they sure were good yesterday. Of course they could get beat by Michigan State or Nebraska or Wisconsin but then again maybe not
will be an interesting last 5 games

Not to sound like a bitter Iowa fan, but Brohm was just dialing up shit to see what worked and unfortunately it all worked. Kudos to him. When it all plays out Purdue is a 7-5/6-6 football team.

We are still in the driver's seat

Only one loss in the conference and overall

Every game left on the schedule is winnable, not easy, but winnable

The 2 weeks rest will rejuvenate the Hawks

Michigan State at Purdue and Ohio State away are more than likely losses for Purdue

At Nebraska and NW could be tossups

They should beat Wisconsin and Indiana at Purdue

The best they can do is finish: 4-2

Otherwise, they have a solid chance to play in Indianapolis

I like our chances

Yesterday's performance is good to have out of the way

Our pattern has been to get better as the season winds on and on

nope.

Wisconsin
@Nebraska
MSU
@OSU
@NW
Indiana

Agree with that remaining schedule, Purdue will probably be 3-3 in its last 6 game, finishing 5-4 in conference, 7-5 overall.

Minnesota, on the other hand, has a much more favorable schedule down the stretch. Minny has already lost to OSU, and has already beat Purdue and Neb. If they can also sneak in wins over Iowa and Wiscy, then Minny will win the West.

Teams in the West are starting to get it together. Minny's offense had been in the tank, but they must have improved to put up 30 vs a decent Husker team yesterday -- they certainly looked good at the beginning of that game. Heck, even NW beat a sturdy Rutgers team worse than Michigan did at the Big House. Wisconsin's defense will keep them in every game. Purdue has enough passing offense to beat Sparty and Wisconsin. We definitely need somebody in addition to Ohio St. to beat Purdue, and I'm hoping it's Wisconsin this Sat. And don't forget, Purdue beat Ohio St. just a couple years ago (?) and this year's Buckeye defense is nothing to write home about. I think we'll end up with at least 1 more loss, but it needs to be to either Illinois or Nebraska.