Purdue now holds sole possession of second place in the B1G

glidinghawk

And will be tied for second place with Maryland at 7-3 if the Terps win later tonight.

Iowa's loss at Mackey is not a bad loss.

Iowa's loss at Purdue is not bad but is sure was a wasted opportunity at a quality win. Purdue is looking much better than Iowa right now to get a bid into the tourney. They are taking advantage of a down Big Ten, while Iowa stays put. Teams improve other than Iowa. It gets really frustrating to watch.

Iowa's loss at Purdue is not bad but is sure was a wasted opportunity at a quality win. Purdue is looking much better than Iowa right now to get a bid into the tourney. They are taking advantage of a down Big Ten, while Iowa stays put. Teams improve other than Iowa. It gets really frustrating to watch.

Purdue snuck by Iowa at home without the Hawks having White the majority of the game. Ohio State didn't have Marc Loving. They aren't improving..just getting very lucky during their home match ups lately. Purdue isn't good and I believe Iowa beats them 9 out of 10 times when they are full strength.

Also, a lot of teams in the conference would go 0-3 playing Wisconsin twice and at Purdue without their best player playing in that game. I will panic if we go 0-2 this week..til then there's no reason to say other teams are improving while Iowa gets worse. It's uncalled for at the moment.

Maybe Painter is finally turning it around. They've struggled since Robbie Hummel finished his 11 year career there.

Purdue has just been doing what they should be doing in the big ten...winning home games. So far their only road wins are @NW and @Penn State. Not very impressive.

Iowa has played the toughest B10 schedule at this point, Purdue the 6th our schedule let's up considerably after the Maryland game. Still think we have a good shot at 11 wins in the B10, that would punch our ticket to the tournament.

Iowa has played the toughest B10 schedule at this point, Purdue the 6th our schedule let's up considerably after the Maryland game. Still think we have a good shot at 11 wins in the B10, that would punch our ticket to the tournament.

I agree with you on both our schedule and Purdue's. And I'm pretty confident that we will win at least 11 games if we stay healthy. Our front court is going to be a major problem for every team left on our schedule.

The problem with Purdue is they have the favorable schedule this year. These are the teams they only face once...Wisconsin, Maryland, Michigan, Iowa and Michigan State. So out of the top 7 teams they only face Ohio State and Indiana twice. And they're beating the teams they're supposed to beat...and already have their home wins over Ohio State and Indiana.

So even with Purdue going on the road for 3 of their next 4 and 5 of their remaining 8 games they are likely going to win the 3 home games and probably beat Rutgers or Minnesota on the road. That's 11-7 and could be a top 4 finish and bye until Friday in the BTT. But at 19-12 and 11-7 their RPI will still likely peak somewhere in the 60s.

To make a short story long...Purdue could finish 11-7 in the conference without a quality road win and a poor RPI making them a bubble team at best. Whereas Iowa is a lock at 11-7 IMO.

B1G isn't that bad. It just isn't as all out dominant as it's been in the past. It is more balanced top to bottom this year.

I agree. We won the Big 10-ACC Challenge 8-6. But the ACC's 5 (currently) ranked teams were 4-1 against the Big 10. The rest of the ACC went 2-7 against the rest of the Big 10.

Latest posts