Purdue giving PSU a better game in Happy Valley

Hahaha. Fair enough. I could've gone to last year's Nebraska-Washington games as an example instead of going classic rerun, but my point is the same.

Purdue has shown a lot more fight than us, though.

ya, I forgot about that bowl game debacle from the bugeaters

Iowa has had worse offenses and played far better defenses and still scored more points.

The offensive philosophy of this team is just plain offensive.

You realize that the offensive philosophy hasn't changed either? If I were you, I would listen to the guys who are talkign about lack of execution, because you have the right hypothesis but the wrong conclusion.

Agree. Only I wouldn't play the comparative score game...EVER. Each game has its own personality and flow. Best example that comes to mind are the two 1996 matchups between Florida and Florida State. Regular season: FSU 24, UF 21. Sugar Bowl: UF 52, FSU 20.

We all remember the 1997 W-EH-K vs Sac City rivalry

regular season Sac boys 28 WEHK 10
Play offs WEHK 20 - Sac City 7

(sarcasm meter in full force)

Why the sarcasm, everyone knows dem boys from Sac City are still p*ssed.

Ironically, Purdue's decision to go for a score with 2:00 left in the first half rather than sit on the ball as Iowa did really bit them. Mavre threw an interception that set up an easy Penn State field goal.

7, 27, 10, 6, 10, 3, 18

So apparently the likes of Indiana State and Eastern Michigan have better execution than Iowa. That's good to know. :rolleyes:

They might, and it is not absurd to think they would. My point is that the same offensive philosophy that has been beating PSU for the better part of a decade did not change, but the players executing the plan did.

When you have two seperate outcomes, you usually blame it on the changing variables, not the constants.

science.jpg

When you have two seperate outcomes, you usually blame it on the changing variables, not the constants.

So I guess PSU never changes either then. Which is odd, seeing as Joe Pa has shown a lot more flexibility over the years than KF ever has.

When you only score 3 points when you have a good QB and perhaps the best group of receivers the school has ever had, you've done something seriously wrong.

And it goes far beyond blaming the players... I mean execution.

There goes my hero. I do not know the lyrics to the rest of the song.

I'd lick whip cream off of Ali Larter. I'd be her banana split.:p

Dumb, bad, sophomoric, immature post, but I could not resist someone actually went with a Varsity Blues reference and was serious.

After watching PSU this week does anyone still think they have a top defense like some like to claim.

Iowa stunk up Happy Valley last week...the coaches got seriously outcoached and the players were not ready to play after having a bye week. The play calling was terrible by the Iowa coaches.

Iowa will not win any road games this year. I always find it interesting that other teams change or adapt to the style they are playing while Iowa never does that. Iowa coaches know one style and only one style and are too afraid to try new things. Ohhh, something might go wrong, they certainly aren't going to try that...

At one point this season, Iowa had a very effective uptempo offense. Why even practice it if you aren't going to use it. As soon as the B1G started, the coaches went back to their old 7 to 10 play playbook. They got bailed out of the NW game by NW making turnovers and errors. Without the errors, NW could easily have put more than 40 on the Hawks. I guess the uptempo offense was just for preseason games. But maybe we don't use the uptempo game because Iowa's defense is so bad...not even an average defense in the B1G this year?

Don't worry...when we go to Purdue we will definitely will make Purdue look like a Division leader. If we get a lead, the coaches will suddenly go ultra ultra conservative and play not to lose...keeping Purdue in the game and give them a chance to win in the 4th quarter. With Iowa's defense, if Purdue is still in the game, Iowa will lose.

Latest posts