Punxs'y junior commits to Iowa

HawkeyeHypnosis

http://www.indianagazette.com/mobil...tling-punxsy-junior-commits-to-iowa,20739611/

Welcome aboard! From article:

He has unfinished business left on the mats in Hershey, so Punxsutawney wrestler Kaleb Young decided to eliminate one of the major distractions in his life as a student-athlete.

Young, a junior who placed fifth at 138 pounds in the PIAA Class AAA state tournament last year, announced via Twitter recently his verbal commitment to wrestle for the University of Iowa.

http://www.indianagazette.com/mobil...tling-punxsy-junior-commits-to-iowa,20739611/

Welcome aboard! From article:

He has unfinished business left on the mats in Hershey, so Punxsutawney wrestler Kaleb Young decided to eliminate one of the major distractions in his life as a student-athlete.

Young, a junior who placed fifth at 138 pounds in the PIAA Class AAA state tournament last year, announced via Twitter recently his verbal commitment to wrestle for the University of Iowa.
This is a big time get for the Hawks. Makes me very happy happy!

Fifth in the state (pennsylvania or not) is a big time get? We are the second most successful wrestling program of all time, shouldn't we be getting THE best in the nation?

Fifth in the state (pennsylvania or not) is a big time get? We are the second most successful wrestling program of all time, shouldn't we be getting THE best in the nation?

From everything I have read ... including looking at some of the numbers, this is a great get for Iowa ...

- Remember, he is only a high school "junior"
- He finished 5th, but 3 of the guys in his weight class are some of the highest-rated recruits as well
- He is ranked #15 overall at his weight class
- Ranked #25 best junior by one publication

He still has two years of high school wrestling ... and he has faced some very good competition ... By the time he gets to Iowa ... and has a year under his belt (redshirt, most likely) ... this kid should be really, really good.

I think tapping into the Pennsylvania Young Guns club is HUGE for Brands and today we just announced we signed another kid from the Young Guns ... They are producing some of the best wrestlers in the country ... :)

There was an article written somewhere about how important it was to get into that young guns wrestling program in PA. I think it was on Blackheart gold pants

Dang, it just seems like, of all sports, WE are the blue blood, we are THE best year in an year out, we've been champs or top five at worst like forever. We are Alabama of wrestling (along with pedo state and okie state). We should have our pick for the most part.

Dang, it just seems like, of all sports, WE are the blue blood, we are THE best year in an year out, we've been champs or top five at worst like forever. We are Alabama of wrestling (along with pedo state and okie state). We should have our pick for the most part.

I guess we should have passed on Logan Ryan out of Bett last year? He only finished 5th his sophomore year....and I'm pretty sure we should have pulled Derek St. John's recruitment, he only finished 3rd his SENIOR year. What a bum.

Latest posts