Punts vs Penn State

westender

May have been discussed already, but the play where Dalton shanked it after he held the ball so long, he could have run for the 1st down. I watched a subsequent punt where Penn State held one guy in to make sure he actually punted while all others turned their backs to the punter, so 3 Iowa guys blocking the punter could have run for a 1st down. Penn State was ripe for a fake punt in that game. We could have only gotten away with it one time.

May have been discussed already, but the play where Dalton shanked it after he held the ball so long, he could have run for the 1st down. I watched a subsequent punt where Penn State held one guy in to make sure he actually punted while all others turned their backs to the punter, so 3 Iowa guys blocking the punter could have run for a 1st down. Penn State was ripe for a fake punt in that game. We could have only gotten away with it one time.

Ever since The Colluzzi Flip against Michigan, in 2016, I have wanted the Hawks to implement a fake punt play.

Sleep-Dalton should have taken off, what a puss ;)

If they are just gonna leave one guy there and every turns their backs to go back to block, he should have a green light.

From my stand point it looked like he had green in front of him for a ways....oh well, I would take the shank and not the block, which was damn close

I am pretty sure he was planning on running due to what he saw - but he just got stuck questioning his decision.

The thing is, he's a grad transfer in his final semester. What are they going to do if he does it "his" way, put in Rastetter? Oh, wait...

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing and I think he was going for it but changed his mind at the last second. IIRC the punt only netted 11 yards so he should have just taken off.

Right now he is averaging just 38.0 yds per punt. He just needs to stick to punting and try to flip the field. We need him to be giving us a higher punting avg. than 38.0 yds per game. That’s why we brought him in. Rastettler can give us a 38.0 yd. average. We need him to be hitting in the mid 40’s.

Latest posts