PTL Day 1 Observations (long)

Just a question: does the PTL use legit basketball officials and do they call these games even remotely close to what the players will see in OOC and conference play? For those of us not familiar with the PTL it would help to know if these are more like glorified pick-up games or whether there is structure to them.

Depends on the coach, but there's some structure. If Larson is coaching a team he really gets into it. That said, there's still a huge difference between PTL and regular season ball. I saw Bohall and Palmer have pretty good nights a couple of times, and we know how that turned out. Still a lot of fun to watch, usually more of an uptempo pace than the typical regular season game, which I happen to enjoy.

Ok guys who were at the games...Stoermer's getting some love for how he comes off of the screens looking to shoot...would you say he's a taller version of Brody Boyd in that regard or "could be" sometime down the road? I realize we're going on info from just one game, but still...it's June 16th and we're talking Iowa BASKETBALL!!! So it's all good!

Wasn't Brody Boyd the Indiana high schools' all-time leading 3 point shooter (or something like that...most made 3s, highest 3 point %)?

Latest posts