PSU will be really good in about 5 years

hawkfarmer

They will suffer recruiting lag due to their issues, but they have a high potent offense with a walk on QB, and the loss of their best RB and WR. When they can finally compete for bowls and have full recruiting classes I say look out.

Gotta protect the legendary JoePa and his football program. Even covering up for a pedophile could not take down the football program. Penn State has proved to the world that football is more important than protecting children from pedophiles.

I tried telling everyone when the punishment came out that Penn State was getting a slap on the wrist.

Gotta protect the legendary JoePa and his football program. Even covering up for a pedophile could not take down the football program. Penn State has proved to the world that football is more important than protecting children from pedophiles.

I tried telling everyone when the punishment came out that Penn State was getting a slap on the wrist.

Penn State got hammered. Just because they are doing better than just about anyone would have guessed this year doesn't mean squat. The next 2-3 years will be telling to what this program will be in the near future.

Penn State got hammered. Just because they are doing better than just about anyone would have guessed this year doesn't mean squat. The next 2-3 years will be telling to what this program will be in the near future.

Agreed, but at the same time I think O'Brien's a special coach. They've definitely got an uphill battle in front of them, but they play an up tempo style of offense that passes the "eye test" and I think if he sticks around they're going to to be a force.

Having potential All Americans on defense like Mauti, Hodges and Hill isn't hurting him this year, but they are all gone at the end of the year. It will be interesting to see what O'Brien and his coaches can recruit on the defensive side of the ball or will they be another team that is going to have to outscore teams to win - ala most of the Big 12.

They will suffer recruiting lag due to their issues, but they have a high potent offense with a walk on QB, and the loss of their best RB and WR. When they can finally compete for bowls and have full recruiting classes I say look out.

They are good right now. They won't lose another ganme you watch.

PSU is at it's best right now. The program will suffer a slow downward spiral for the next 5 years.
Kinda reminds me of another B1G program.:mad:

Agreed, but at the same time I think O'Brien's a special coach. They've definitely got an uphill battle in front of them, but they play an up tempo style of offense that passes the "eye test" and I think if he sticks around they're going to to be a force.

O'Brien is a special coach for sure... which makes him all the more likeable by the LEAGUE. I seriously think if anyone on the NFL levels offers him a head coaching position.. how could you not take that? I mean, look what he did with Brady last year (although he is a special player), he still managed to help Brady have an even better season, statistically, than he has had in the past. I just hope he lands with the Chiefs.

O'Brien is a special coach for sure... which makes him all the more likeable by the LEAGUE. I seriously think if anyone on the NFL levels offers him a head coaching position.. how could you not take that? I mean, look what he did with Brady last year (although he is a special player), he still managed to help Brady have an even better season, statistically, than he has had in the past. I just hope he lands with the Chiefs.

I just hope he ends up somewhere where he won't have the opportunity to give us a good curb stomping every now and then.

Latest posts