PSU takes down Illanoy...

EddyP

This is getting ridiculous. As some have stated this "easier" Hawk schedule isn't so easy. Yes, it is better but you must bring it every night or you will lose. That I can promise you.

I wasnt buying it either. There is a good possibility 7 of our next 11 games will be against NCAA tournament teams or at worst NIT teams (Northwestern(2), Wisconsin, Indiana(2), Illinois, Minnesota)

big ten is really tough this year. even more so this year, road wins are tough to come by.
this makes our two wins @ Minn and wisc even more impressive.

Team we are going to beat twice beat a team we're going to beat once in their gym. Cool.

Illanoy got hosed with less than 8 minutes left in the first half leading 19-15 when Joseph Bertrand was given a technical foul on a physical rebound in which he got tied up coming down by PSU's Tim Frazier. As both players struggled for possession, their arms went up as the ball came loose and Frazier went flying to the floor. It appeared from replay that Frazier grabbed Bertrand's arm as he went for the ball; it was impossible to see a deliberate arm by Bertrand to Frazier as both players lost possession.

The refs spent a couple minutes reviewing the replay, then huddling amongst themselves. Finally the technical was awarded, PSU made 2 FTs and got possession which eventually led to a 3-pointer to put them up 20-19. Bertrand was nowhere near as physical or as effective after that.

Illanoy got hosed with less than 8 minutes left in the first half leading 19-15 when Joseph Bertrand was given a technical foul on a physical rebound in which he got tied up coming down by PSU's Tim Frazier. As both players struggled for possession, their arms went up as the ball came loose and Frazier went flying to the floor. It appeared from replay that Frazier grabbed Bertrand's arm as he went for the ball; it was impossible to see a deliberate arm by Bertrand to Frazier as both players lost possession.

The refs spent a couple minutes reviewing the replay, then huddling amongst themselves. Finally the technical was awarded, PSU made 2 FTs and got possession which eventually led to a 3-pointer to put them up 20-19. Bertrand was nowhere near as physical or as effective after that.

I actually didn't think it was a hose job. I mean, it was closer to a hose job than not a hose job but not a complete hose job. :)

I actually didn't think it was a hose job. I mean, it was closer to a hose job than not a hose job but not a complete hose job. :)

Heh. I didn't see enough evidence on the replay to warrant a technical. If a foul was to be called, it should have been on Frazier for the arm grab before he went flying.

BTW, very hard for me to type anything defending Bruce Weber and Illanoy. Very hard. But it needed to be said.

Latest posts