PSU Sanction Poll

PSU Sanctions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Updated list of psu supporters:

David79, FromFry2Ferentz, hawkeyebob62, hawkfan1319, trapperjon

Bob, I'm surprised and disappointed. :(

Who cares what Penn St. fans are saying? Some day soon, maybe tomorrow, or maybe after 4 years of cellar dwelling, they will come to the realization of what happened and why they deserve what they got.

What they are saying will determine how they are treated in Iowa City and other venues.

The NCAA's sanctions were way too harsh in terms of 2 things:

Bowl Bans should have been 2 or 3 at the most.

Scholly reductions 5 to 10 per year for 2 or 3 years.

The NCAA DID NOT come down hard of PSU in terms of the fines and continuing fines and ending child abuse and sexual child abuse. Part of the penalty should have been the creation of a major study toward the end of CHILD ABUSE and SEXUAL CHILD ABUSE.

The NCAA set a horrible precedent and every time there is a successful criminal prosecution in a member institution... should the NCAA step in and act? penalize or otherwise use some one else's report to lay down the hammer.

Where was the NCAA a few years ago when at Baylor University a murder took place within members of the BB program. Do we really want the NCAA to get involved with the sexual assualt cases that have plauged the Iow BB and FB programs over the past 10 years or so? There are countless other examples.

The NCAA over reached, set a precedent that includes an opened can of worms and basically SUCKS.

btw Brent and Jay agree with me and I didn't steal their ideas.

The NCAA's sanctions were way too harsh in terms of 2 things:

Bowl Bans should have been 2 or 3 at the most.

Scholly reductions 5 to 10 per year for 2 or 3 years.

The NCAA DID NOT come down hard of PSU in terms of the fines and continuing fines and ending child abuse and sexual child abuse. Part of the penalty should have been the creation of a major study toward the end of CHILD ABUSE and SEXUAL CHILD ABUSE.

The NCAA set a horrible precedent and every time there is a successful criminal prosecution in a member institution... should the NCAA step in and act? penalize or otherwise use some one else's report to lay down the hammer.

Where was the NCAA a few years ago when at Baylor University a murder took place within members of the BB program. Do we really want the NCAA to get involved with the sexual assualt cases that have plauged the Iow BB and FB programs over the past 10 years or so? There are countless other examples.

The NCAA over reached, set a precedent that includes an opened can of worms and basically SUCKS.

btw Brent and Jay agree with me and I didn't steal their ideas.

No, they set a precedent that any time a University covers up said incident they'll get hammered. I've got no problem with that.

No, they set a precedent that any time a University covers up said incident they'll get hammered. I've got no problem with that.

Actually the precedent that they set is much wider than just covering up because of the fact they cited the language in the consitution regarding integrity, honesty, etc. all general language, thereby giving themeslves the power to punish schools for anything that doesn't exhibit integrity etc. That is the dangerous part because it doesn't even have to be criminal, it could just be not exhibit "integrity" or "honesty" or "civility". That is the part that I am sure has a lot of programs worried. By that measure I am sure almost any school in the country could get penalized if the NCAA wanted to.

Actually the precedent that they set is much wider than just covering up because of the fact they cited the language in the consitution regarding integrity, honesty, etc. all general language, thereby giving themeslves the power to punish schools for anything that doesn't exhibit integrity etc. That is the dangerous part because it doesn't even have to be criminal, it could just be not exhibit "integrity" or "honesty" or "civility". That is the part that I am sure has a lot of programs worried. By that measure I am sure almost any school in the country could get penalized if the NCAA wanted to.

Yep, I'm sure the NCAA (an association of colleges and universities) can't wait to hammer more colleges and universities. This has all been such great publicity for college athletics, right? I think this is their plan:

1. Destroy five more high-profile football programs.
2. ?????
3. PROFIT!

Yep, I'm sure the NCAA (an association of colleges and universities) can't wait to hammer more colleges and universities. This has all been such great publicity for college athletics, right? I think this is their plan:

2. ?????
3. PROFIT!

Exactly, it's just more NCAA hypocrisy. This was Emmert's explanation of the punishment which is a joke.

"While there's been much speculation about whether this fits this specific bylaw or that specific bylaw," said Emmert, "it certainly hits the fundamental values of what athletics are supposed to be doing in the context of higher education."

Where exactly do billion dollar TV contracts fit into higher education? Where does a 68 team basketball tournament that keeps kids out of class for weeks at a time fit into higher education. This just further proves the NCAA is a joke.

2. ?????
3. PROFIT!

Who says they are going to destroy programs?

What this allows them to do if they want is say, okay Iowa, you let a rapist back on your team. that is against the principles of the NCAA relating to ingegrity and ethical behaviour. We will put you on probation, or one year bowl ban. etc. or whatever penalty they think is appropriate.

Who says they are going to destroy programs?

What this allows them to do if they want is say, okay Iowa, you let a rapist back on your team. that is against the principles of the NCAA relating to ingegrity and ethical behaviour. We will put you on probation, or one year bowl ban. etc. or whatever penalty they think is appropriate.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Wow. The list of those who tacitly approve of what happened at psu during paterno's reign of negligent terror is growing!

1hawkeye1, aaronzuriel, DaHawk56, David79, FromFry2Ferentz, hawkeyebob62, hawkfan1319, pumpdog20, steveey, trapperjon, zhawk21

Latest posts