PSU Outrage, this is just beginning

DuffMan

reports today of a small plane flying over beaver stadium dragging a sign that said "take down the statue or we will". this is only the beginning. the outrage in backlash over this story will be tremendous. it will be like nothing we've ever seen before. I've seen people compare it to the backlash over michael vick. that won't hold a candle to this. the ncaa, and to some degree penn state university, have the ability to mitigate the backlash somewhat by taking swift and decisive action. if they fail to capitalize on that soon bad things will happen.

discount double post. ignore.

Screen-shot-2011-10-27-at-5.01.24-AM.png

FTR I really couldn't care less if they take the statue down or rename the library. But if I were a PSU alum i'd surely want them removing Paterno's name from everything.

I'm cerial bra. frequent death threats in bomb threats, people vandalizing penn state property... this is gonna get ugly

The library and the statue are not the same thing and can't be treated as the same thing.

The statue is a direct representation of Joe and who he was as a person and what he did for the Penn St. football team. It was meant to put him on a pedistal and show their devotion to him.

The library is for the students and has his name on it because he gave money to build it, nothing else. If someone would have donated more money, their name would have been on the building. The you can change the name of the building and in a couple of years nobody remembers.

Change the name on the building and tear down the statue, it's that easy.

Latest posts