PSU lineman keeps photo of AC on his phone.

Wow! With as many new guys they had on the line last year, I had no idea they would be right back in the same boat. I also had no idea I would feel better about our line than PSU should feel about their line at this point. An entirely new line-up from center to LT? I bet Klug and AC can't wait for that match-up.

I've been saying this all along....IOWA is the team in the BIG10 to beat this year, not Ohio St.

What exactly does PSU's line situation have to do with OSU?

OSU has 9 returning starters on offense, including 4 upper-classmen on the O-Line.

They have 7 returning starters on defense.

Plus, guys like Pryor tend to hit their stride in their third year.

OSU will be tough this year.

Last edited:
"perennial thorn-in-the-side Iowa"

I'm still trying to figure out how you justify saying IOWA is a casual pain in the side. When your team has only won one game against the Hawks in the last decade I'd classify that as domination.

Crap, Indiana and Northwestern have a better record against Iowa this decade?

As to why we're a "perenniel thorn-in-the-side," if you talk to a Penn State fan, many of them regard Iowa the way we regard Northwestern: as an inferior team that we feel that we should have no trouble beating. I mean we could say that we're different in that we've posted 9 and 11 wins the past two seasons, including a BCS win, but then again Northwestern had an great season in 2009 of their own.

...So I guess the punchline is that a lot of these "traditional powers" are delusional in that they think that the fact that they won national titles in the 60's, 70's, and/or 80's has anything to do with how their team will fare this upcoming season.

...So I guess the punchline is that a lot of these "traditional powers" are delusional in that they think that the fact that they won national titles in the 60's, 70's, and/or 80's has anything to do with how their team will fare this upcoming season.

Heh, wait til you get a load of Husker fans Bro

"perennial thorn-in-the-side Iowa"

I'm still trying to figure out how you justify saying IOWA is a casual pain in the side. When your team has only won one game against the Hawks in the last decade I'd classify that as domination.

Crap, Indiana and Northwestern have a better record against Iowa this decade?

I don't think the writer was downplaying Iowa, or minimizing their recent dominance over PSU at all. The word "casual" or any idea like it wasn't used in the article. "Perennial" means year after year after year after year.....

To refer to Iowa as a "perennial thorn in the side" implies dominance.

Penn State's OL was atrocious in that game last season.

Binns had them making in-game personnel moves, the last refuge of the desperate.

Whatever works.

Actually, Penn State will have a better reference point for Iowa, with Bama on the schedule. Last season, they went Akron, Syracuse, Temple before facing Iowa. And Temple was OK.

Wow! With as many new guys they had on the line last year, I had no idea they would be right back in the same boat. I also had no idea I would feel better about our line than PSU should feel about their line at this point. An entirely new line-up from center to LT? I bet Klug and AC can't wait for that match-up.
I also didn't realize that. That is encouraging since they are the early big matchup of the year. I expect an extremely defensive game, perhaps even like the 6-4 game (2004?). Our D-Line is going to completely dominate them!

Latest posts