PSU just doesn't get it....

HawkForce

Saw this article about Lavar Arrington....here was one of the comments that is pretty indicative of their fan base I believe:
Everything in the Freeh report regarding Joe is either conjecture or Hersey. Non of which would stand up in any court of law. Freeh and the Bot will be lucky if the Peterno estate does not sue them for slander and libel. I am sorry that LaVar is so easily influenced by the leeches that the media have become, their are actually people that are in act alive that we should be holding accountable such as the governor, the administration, and the BOT which needs to resign. The Peterno family has been the only ones that have remained one-hundred percent classy, forthright, open, and honest. They have requested a full release of all emails, and been ignored, when Joe wanted to speak the university, the BoT silenced him, when Freeh had a chance to speak to Joe he did not. It is not Joe or the Paterno's that we need to be looking at but those that are still here covering for themselves and the leeches in the media that love to destroy what they do not understand.

State College, PA - Penn State Football: LaVar Arrington Says He Didn't Know the Real Joe Paterno

Yeah because it is all the fault of teh media.
"don't get it" is too mild

SAINT JOE ALREADY PAID WITH HIS LIFE!! HE WAS A GREAT MAN!! CAN'T YOU JUST LET HIM REST IN PEACE?!?

what the heck does that mean, Rick?

I was pretty committed to becoming a retiree of HN....then I realized that by retiring I would basically lose the ability to read Poli-con and the Off topic....decided I couldn't do that to myself at this point in time...so I am putting it on hold....I thought 4,321 would be the most significant number to retire at.

I'm kind of going through a Brett Favre phase in my posting career.

I was pretty committed to becoming a retiree of HN....then I realized that by retiring I would basically lose the ability to read Poli-con and the Off topic....decided I couldn't do that to myself at this point in time...so I am putting it on hold....I thought 4,321 would be the most significant number to retire at.

I'm kind of going through a Brett Favre phase in my posting career.

LOL
well played, 'Force

“You can’t let people stampede you into making a rash decision,” a trustee said. “The statue represents the good that Joe did. It doesn’t represent the bad that he did.”
Although some trustees said in discussions Thursday and Friday in board meetings in Scranton, Pa., they believed the statue eventually would have to be torn down, most quickly reached a consensus it should remain standing in the coming weeks and months, trustees and a person briefed on their discussions said. Some trustees went even further, insisting Paterno’s statue outside Beaver Stadium in State College, Pa., never should be removed.
“It has to stay up,” said another trustee. “We have to let a number of months pass, and we’ll address it again. But there is no way, no way. It’s just not coming down.”
Updated: PSU trustees reportedly plan to keep Paterno statue; spokesperson says not true | CollegeFootballTalk

The pukes STILL don't get it. Only The Death will awaken them.

I didnt support the "death penalty" for psu at first.....but the NCAA needs to make an example out of them.....show that college athletics is still < doing the moral & compassionate thing.

I guess that fan does not realize that Freeh was hired by Penn State and Joe Paterno supported this. So now these idiots think the Paterno family is going to sue? Funny!

Well, he is pretty wrong about the slander thing because Paterno is a public figure and the estate would have to prove that Freeh knowlingly or recklessly published false statements about Paterno. In addition, the part that is most daming to Paterno is the "Findings" which is merely Freeh's opinions after interviews and documents he read and not a statement of fact.

�You can�t let people stampede you into making a rash decision,� a trustee said. �The statue represents the good that Joe did. It doesn�t represent the bad that he did.� Although some trustees said in discussions Thursday and Friday in board meetings in Scranton, Pa., they believed the statue eventually would have to be torn down, most quickly reached a consensus it should remain standing in the coming weeks and months, trustees and a person briefed on their discussions said. Some trustees went even further, insisting Paterno�s statue outside Beaver Stadium in State College, Pa., never should be removed. �It has to stay up,� said another trustee. �We have to let a number of months pass, and we�ll address it again. But there is no way, no way. It�s just not coming down.�
Updated: PSU trustees reportedly plan to keep Paterno statue; spokesperson says not true | CollegeFootballTalkThe pukes STILL don't get it. Only The Death will awaken them.
Keep the statue, just put it in a building that doesn't depict it as a shrine. JoPa is still a huge part of football history. *

Latest posts