Protect the Vine

GhostofBTT

Banned
Illiinois fans are planning on taking over the Vine near CHA tonight. If you happen to be in the Iowa City/Coralville area, get your boys together and try not to let this happen. They badly want to start their "Ill..." chant in the bar. I usually don't get too into rivalries, but this just makes my skin crawl.

It's been my experience that if you shout "look it's an available section 8 rental" while pointing at the south east side of Iowa City everyone from Illannoy will immediately take of running in the direction you are pointing.

Maybe we should try that.

Illiinois fans are planning on taking over the Vine near CHA tonight. If you happen to be in the Iowa City/Coralville area, get your boys together and try not to let this happen. They badly want to start their "Ill..." chant in the bar. I usually don't get too into rivalries, but this just makes my skin crawl.

Would i be safe in saying that you hate Illinois almost as much as you like Iowa?

Someone mentions the vine and all I can think about are wings......Juicey buffalo wings....the perfect sauce, beer..........Oh yeah, this thread was about out numbering Illini fans, I won't be there, I hope hawkfans show up in force.

Not sure why you are worried, most of the Illannoy fans will get to the Quad Cities and think they are in Iowa City and will spend all evening driving around looking for the Vine.

I've got a text from an illannoy guy claiming they are bringing 4 buses of students alone.

Should we expect this?

I wonder who arranges the bus loads that travel to road games. It would be sweet if the University of Iowa would arrange for buses to take students to road games.

They could charge for the seats...but if you look at the budget of the basketball team...I bet loading up a few buses for certain road games wouldn't even put a dent in it.

I would even say they could allow non-students to ride along...have some sort of a system for distributing tickets to ride on the buses to season ticket holders, etc.

Would i be safe in saying that you hate Illinois almost as much as you like Iowa?

I don't hate Illinois. I don't like the way some of their fans talk about the state of Iowa (note to people from Illinois, Idiots Out Walkin Around just isn't funny. It doesn't offend me because it makes no sense). I would like them to know that I hope they get all of the hospitality in the world on their visit to Iowa, as long as they don't act like dicks.

I hate Illinois more than any other rival of ours...but I don't have a huge problem with their true fans showing up and supporting their team and having a good time. Any time I travel to support the Hawks...I want to make sure I enjoy myself and this sounds like something I would attempt on any other Big Ten teams campus.

The thing that chaps my *** is kids who are in Iowa City from "Chicago"...and act like they're big Iowa fans during football season...and then when basketball season comes around they don their gay apparel and cheer on the Illini...unless the Hawks happen to win the game...then they're Iowa fans.

Same kids were huge Cubs fans until the Bartman incident...then the very next year they once again donned their gay apparel and..."I've always been a White Sox fan...I'm from Chicago"...90% of the Chicago kids I knew make me want to puke.

If it weren't for the "Chicago" kids I wouldn't mind Illinois at all...it's actually a good school in the middle of farm country. I realize there are "Chicago" kids in this forum...you probably fall into the 10% that don't **** me off and you probably know exactly what I'm talking about.

I've got a text from an illannoy guy claiming they are bringing 4 buses of students alone.

Should we expect this?

I presume, given the origination of these...ahem, "students"...that they will be riding SHORT buses and drooling on the windows?:confused:
Nothing more dangerous on the highway than a short bus full or orange-clad 'tards.:eek:

I wonder who arranges the bus loads that travel to road games. It would be sweet if the University of Iowa would arrange for buses to take students to road games.
It would be sweet if the U of Iowa would arrange buses to take students to home games.

It would be sweet if the U of Iowa would arrange buses to take students to home games.

No kidding - doesnt make much to organize four empty buses to send to a road venue. My guess is that there is a illini student who organizes this, it wouldnt be very hard to do

Latest posts