Protect Kinnick

Well, my Hawk-Nut pal and I will be at the Purdue game (row 2, 40yd line!) and we will be cheering our guys like crazy! That is, until they start to STINK! Then it BOOOOOO!!!!!! Seriously, I love our boys and I have stood behind Captain Kirk... BUT! That Indiana game was just about enough to drive even an EVEN TEMPERED guy like ME to drink! (OK...More...) So, GO HAWKS! (But STOP stinking up the place!!!)
skunks-482.jpg

Well, my Hawk-Nut pal and I will be at the Purdue game (row 2, 40yd line!) and we will be cheering our guys like crazy! That is, until they start to STINK! Then it BOOOOOO!!!!!! Seriously, I love our boys and I have stood behind Captain Kirk... BUT! That Indiana game was just about enough to drive even an EVEN TEMPERED guy like ME to drink! (OK...More...) So, GO HAWKS! (But STOP stinking up the place!!!)
skunks-482.jpg

I hear ya. They are so cute i just want to hold them and pet them and.... oh crud they stink, I am going to throw them up against the wall and stop on their heads.
Seriously cheer the first downs, in a season like this the kids need all they can get and if you are waiting for something big to happen...... crickets is all you will hear.

Yeah, the decision your adolescent son made reflects the feelings amongst the entire fanbase. It more accurately reflects a great deal of posters attitude on here, the overall fanbase Im guessing not.

See how many tickets are for sale for this game and maybe you will change your tune. I know of 20 for sale right now that you can probably purchase for $30 or less, about half of them with seatbacks. If the fanbase is so energized someone should buy them and sell them for a ridiculous profit.

Yeah, the decision your adolescent son made reflects the feelings amongst the entire fanbase. It more accurately reflects a great deal of posters attitude on here, the overall fanbase Im guessing not.

Nah, I think it actually reflects the feelings amongst the fanbase, overall. Maybe not overwhelmingly, but you'll see a lot of empty seats this coming Saturday. You wrong.

See how many tickets are for sale for this game and maybe you will change your tune. I know of 20 for sale right now that you can probably purchase for $30 or less, about half of them with seatbacks. If the fanbase is so energized someone should buy them and sell them for a ridiculous profit.

I would love to buy some, but I cant make the trip back.
Funny how in Iowa schools they were promoting character counts. Funny how we dont want these kids to quit and we want them to work and get better. Funny how we want the coaches to try harded or do this or that, yet at the same time we cant even go out and support the team, no matter how bad they are.
They have not given up.
If you dont want to agree with KF or even if you want to boo him, fine. But the players are doing the best they can.
One thing people always bring up is how great Iowas fans are. Maybe they should reword that to our fans are only as good as our record dictates.

Not really funny to me I me and visited with him when I was 12. I cried when his plane went down at sea during world war 2.

Not funny to me either. We should have more young men and women defend this country.

I'll be at both games. I'm a fan, whether I agree with KF or not, these kids are student athletes, and I'm guessing most on here never played above the high school level. Nor did they serve their country in the armed forces, and put their lives in jeopardy.

Off my soap box now.

Not funny to me either. We should have more young men and women defend this country.

I'll be at both games. I'm a fan, whether I agree with KF or not, these kids are student athletes, and I'm guessing most on here never played above the high school level. Nor did they serve their country in the armed forces, and put their lives in jeopardy.

Off my soap box now.

I must say Golfer, you seem to be about the best fan (from what I read) on here. I am not talking giving money to the program, just the level headness and understanding of what "a program" entails.
I would be remiss if I did not mention this.

Thanks. I think we're all fans in our own way. I have my disagreements, entirely based on how expensive it has gotten. Also, I would be remiss if I didn't agree with your comment on Kinnick. Some thing rise above football. many things actually. Anyone who serves, or has served in the armed forces is a hero, and should be shown respect.

So let's say Purdue brings 3000 fans. That leaves 67,385 seats left for Hawk fans. I would bet that at the very most there are 4000 empy seats, including the student section.

That would mean about 94% of ticket holders will be at the game. Tell me how many open seats you think there will be Saturday. People are making it sound like half the stadium is going to be half empty.

Why wouldn't you go? The University already has your money. Let me guess, you want to stick it to the man by not scarfing down a half dozen hot dogs in Kinnick.

Last edited:
Olddude,
I really enjoy your optimism here. I will also be at the game, and really only thought against it for 2 seconds. I personally bought my season tickets to enjoy the moment in the staduim, regardless of the team and it's record. And to help prove to you my point... I bought my tickets after the 2007 season, after I attended the Western Michigan stank bomb (borrowed my father-in-law's tickets that fateful day)
And I'm optimistic about the last 3 games, and it all starts this weekend.
Go Hawks.

Olddude,
I really enjoy your optimism here. I will also be at the game, and really only thought against it for 2 seconds. I personally bought my season tickets to enjoy the moment in the staduim, regardless of the team and it's record. And to help prove to you my point... I bought my tickets after the 2007 season, after I attended the Western Michigan stank bomb (borrowed my father-in-law's tickets that fateful day)
And I'm optimistic about the last 3 games, and it all starts this weekend.
Go Hawks.

Everything has a beginning. We have not lost to Purdue at Kinnick in a very long time, why start now? So we beat them at home and we have a 1 win home game winning streak going. Have to start somewhere, Why not now? Why not at this point? Win the home games! Win the non con games! Win the trophy games! The rest will take care of its self.
As for me being optimistic, what else am I going to do, quit? I dont quit. I dont like to lose. I wont quit being a Hawk fan, so I may as well be the best fan I can, No? I watch ball, that is what I do. I get very upset to the point of wanting to put pads on and show them how it's done. But I dont give up. I dont quit. I offer what I think I see and this year I bite my tounge a lot. I will bit that sucker clean off before I give up.
BUT we do not accept defeat and we do not quit. That is the Iowa way.

Pretty weak that there are plenty of fans who can't stand to "suffer" through a ******* college football game just because we aren't good.

So let's say Purdue brings 3000 fans. That leaves 67,385 seats left for Hawk fans. I would bet that at the very most there are 4000 empy seats, including the student section.

That would mean about 94% of ticket holders will be at the game. Tell me how many open seats you think there will be Saturday. People are making it sound like half the stadium is going to be half empty.

Why wouldn't you go? The University already has your money. Let me guess, you want to stick it to the man by not scarfing down a half dozen hot dogs in Kinnick.

I am going. I don't see anywhere that I said that I wasn't. But there a lot of people that are not. I went to games when they were 1-11, but they were luck to put 50k in seats that year. And if the product continues this decline I will have to think about not getting tickets, as I have kids that I can spend that time with, plus the cost of gas, parking, etc. It is a 3 hour trip one way for me and there comes a time where I can't justify the time and investment to watch boring, mediocre football. It hasn't reached that point yet.

I am going. I don't see anywhere that I said that I wasn't. But there a lot of people that are not. I went to games when they were 1-11, but they were luck to put 50k in seats that year. And if the product continues this decline I will have to think about not getting tickets, as I have kids that I can spend that time with, plus the cost of gas, parking, etc. It is a 3 hour trip one way for me and there comes a time where I can't justify the time and investment to watch boring, mediocre football. It hasn't reached that point yet.

haha...read what you just wrote.

Only if the Hawks are struggling does it then become more of a priority to spend time with your kids. This comment pretty much sums up what is wrong with this board. People have no frickin perspective when it comes to sports.

Latest posts