Props to the Hawkeyes win in Cbus

Excellent game by your team today and a program building win for the coach. Iowa flatout just looked better and executed in all phases of the game. I didn't think our defense would be exposed as easily as it was with Iowa scoring in the paint a bunch. All this compounded on top of the hot three point shooting and our inability to take care of the ball explains this loss. We deserved to lose and need to work on a few things to get back to a competitive level. On the other hand, this has to be the best Iowa team I've seen since I was in high school. Very talented at all five positions with a ton of depth. Should make a good run come tournament time.

It wasn't a home game for the Hawks but hopefully you rushed something. Rush the buffet, rush cornfields, maybe even rush the bar for another drink. I'm gonna rush to the fridge to get the last slice of cheesecake before my gf takes it. We'll have to do this again Hawks but congrats on the win....

Last edited:
Re: Props of the Hawkeyes win in Cbus

from what I saw.. just have to shut down Ross and OSU doesn't have much scoring.

I think I may just take your advice, I'm gonna get some cake and ice cream. I deserve it, cheered hard in my basement.

Yeah this team is Ross and bunch of role players. We had hoped he developed into the player Thomas was last year but his development is slower than we thought and we don't have many options. No true center and post presence since I've started following OSU bball back in 2000. No three point shooters. No true scorers on the team. We just have some decent guard play and roleplay personnel this year with a good defense. Shut down Ross and Smith we're done for. You can only get but so far with your defense....

Yeah this team is Ross and bunch of role players. We had hoped he developed into the player Thomas was last year but his development is slower than we thought and we don't have many options. No true center and post presence since I've started following OSU bball back in 2000. No three point shooters. No true scorers on the team. We just have some decent guard play and roleplay personnel this year with a good defense. Shut down Ross and Smith we're done for. You can only get but so far with your defense....

Not that the rest of your assessment isn't pretty accurate, but Sullinger and Oden don't count?

Glad the hawks played so well. My kids are sick, and this kept me from yelling at my T.V. and upsetting them....

Excellent game by your team today and a program building win for the coach. Iowa flatout just looked better and executed in all phases of the game. I didn't think our defense would be exposed as easily as it was with Iowa scoring in the paint a bunch. All this compounded on top of the hot three point shooting and our inability to take care of the ball explains this loss. We deserved to lose and need to work on a few things to get back to a competitive level. On the other hand, this has to be the best Iowa team I've seen since I was in high school. Very talented at all five positions with a ton of depth. Should make a good run come tournament time.

It wasn't a home game for the Hawks but hopefully you rushed something. Rush the buffet, rush cornfields, maybe even rush the bar for another drink. I'm gonna rush to the fridge to get the last slice of cheesecake before my gf takes it. We'll have to do this again Hawks but congrats on the win....

Pretty gracious assesment. It was nice to see some other than The Hawks wilt down the stretch.

Thanks for the congrats, but we will do everything in our power to get the season sweep on your return trip to Carver.

Not that the rest of your assessment isn't pretty accurate, but Sullinger and Oden don't count?

Re-read that. He's saying this is the first year they haven't had a post presence since 2000.

Cheese, I think you have more than you are giving yourself credit for. The problem is you have gone on scoring droughts in big games. You guys are a top 10 team in my opinion.

Re-read that. He's saying this is the first year they haven't had a post presence since 2000.

Cheese, I think you have more than you are giving yourself credit for. The problem is you have gone on scoring droughts in big games. You guys are a top 10 team in my opinion.

I would agree with that assessment, although it definitely wasn't clear in the way he said it.

Latest posts